• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shiller Speaks

1,120 posts in this topic

So here goes nothing.

Listen guys I fully understand that I have made a number of horribly questionable and despicable actions in the past on these boards, most notably the recent shilling scandal. I gave into the temptation to be defensive and attempt to justify my actions, when really there was absolutely none. Shilling is never ok, I understood what I was doing the whole time yet still decided to partake in this heinous activity. I've since made sure that no one lost any money as a result of my actions, and have more than learnt my lesson. I don't have any excuses, I don't expect any forgiveness, but I truly am sorry for this massive bludner on my part, and to anyone who I have affected financially, please contact me and I willl make it right.

I'd also like to take this time to apologize to anyone affected by my actions in the past, including but not limited to Kevin J, I know that I slighted you in a previous auction (the exact specifics slip my mind), but doubling the price on you after you had posted that you'd take it, is completely un acceptable behavior. If you'd PM me I'd love to discuss some ways in which I could possibly make some restitutions for my actions, I know it doesn't in any way make up for it, and I don't expect you to forgive me any time soon, but I generally am remorseful and want to try my best to make it up to you in some way.

Bosco I know I owe you a huge apology as well, trust me when I say that I've hated myself for how I treated you. I really messed up, there's really not much more that I can say than that, I did you wrong. I'd similarly like to make some inroads at possibly beginning to make things up to you, we can discuss the particulars in private, but just know that I know that I really messed up, and that I am truly sorry.

And to everyone else, let me start off by saying that I completely understand the onslaught of posts directed at me over the course of the last day or so. I know it might not seem like it to you, but I DO care about this board and this community. Ys, I've made some incredibly questionable moves, I've screwed over a few people, and done some outright bonehead things on here. Full stop, no excuses.

I hope some of you can see that at the core I'm an alright guy, who's made some bad calls, and hopefully can find it in yourselves to give me the cba ce to regain your trust. I fully understand that some of you may never trust me again, and I fully expect this post to be picked apart, but all I'm trying to do is come clean, admit my mistakes.

Drew Kim

Good to see you admit it.

Trust is going to be hard to earn back. Good luck.

-slym

Thanks for readinga nd responding slym.

I fully prepared to go back to my newbie methods of sending out books before being paid if need be. Extras will be given with every order from here on out.

Of course this is just a start, and I know the road ahead of me is long, but I'm ready to walk it.

Good job man. Just build everyone's trust back. You know it's a long road ahead but if it's a lesson learned, that's what it is. Everyone makes mistakes and I hope you'll prove with time that you're not a like the other guys that have come before you and are honest that you just made a mistake in judgment.

This thread is a good start. (thumbs u

Future don't sell anything on here for a long long long time

And if you do, no more of the crazy prices with the "make an offer, this is just a starting number". That's screams, "Stay Away" IMO. You know the market, just price accordingly.

Good luck, nice to see you man up. (thumbs u

Well, this thread is a pleasant surprise. I know that you're not the only person that shills their auctions but to come clean like this takes big cahunas but it's satisfying as heck.

I'm sure everyone is going to appreciate it.

Congrats on finding your way! Feels great, doesn't it?

I guess I am going to be the only one that says "a person cannot change who they really are". Look forward to your next "mistake".

+1

This isn't a fool us once case. It's not a fool us twice case. This is a fool us for the tenth time case. Have fun trying to change your spots, the inner being always finds a way out.

I guess I am going to be the only one that says "a person cannot change who they really are". Look forward to your next "mistake".

You've never needed a second chance? Ever? (shrug)

I'm not going to say he's a changed man because only time will tell that but your post is like on the Christmas turkey with everyone watching at the table. lol

Well, this thread is a pleasant surprise. I know that you're not the only person that shills their auctions but to come clean like this takes big cahunas but it's satisfying as heck.

I'm sure everyone is going to appreciate it.

Congrats on finding your way! Feels great, doesn't it?

It's not like he came clean without being busted. Take a step back hippie

I'm really sorry that you live your life believing that and all I can do is hope that I can change your view, by proving you wrong.