• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shiller Speaks

1,120 posts in this topic

And if you changed your profile name to "I'm A Scammer," that would be helpful as well.

(thumbs u thanks!

I laughed then looked at the name and was like "who the heck is that?"

Thanks for the formerly known as shellhead quote.

lol

I don't think "giving to a board charity" is the answer here. It wouldn't be a bad thing..... but if you had thought it up yourself, it would have rang more true. The way it has been put forward as stated kind of makes it the equivalent of just subjecting yourself to the will and ideas of anyone who thinks up something they think is righteous when really what needs to happen is going to take quite a while.... a long time even. A good while of continuous upstanding behavior, friendliness and integrity.

There is no quick fix :popcorn:

And if you changed your profile name to "I'm A Scammer," that would be helpful as well.

(thumbs u thanks!

lol

Yeah, I ditched the Shellhead moniker. :)

I think there's probably only 20 people that recognize me now...you're number 21.

Well, this thread is a pleasant surprise. I know that you're not the only person that shills their auctions but to come clean like this takes big cahunas but it's satisfying as heck.

cojones :gossip:

Is that Hawaiian ??

Symbiotic,

I've read all the posts associated with this whole ordeal and really haven't chimed in.

I must say that you definitely appear to be trying to make amends.

These guys deep down are a forgiving bunch... but they need proof... and you really can't blame them.

I want to believe in you so I'm throwing this option out to you.

Perhaps you've made a little extra money doing a little shilling. No one knows for sure how much, but we all know that it happens on eBay from the smallest sellers to some of the largest. It's a dirty fact of auction sale life. This bunch will survive knowing that info I'd say... but don't expect them to like it. If you learn from your mistakes, then all this will eventually become a distant memory.

Why don't you do something that they will remember...something not negative... but positive hm

I propose you give a little bit of that money back to the Boards you love so much... and help out a good cause at the same time.

Beau's Books and Donation Thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7085790&fpart=1

The thread recap is here... so you can quickly find something to purchase and help out with.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7085790&fpart=45

I personally feel that participation in this cause will go a long way in helping you regain some trust here... plus it will make you feel good about yourself too.

:idea:^^

+1

you could also donate some books as well.

+1

I believe if the apology is sincere and you truly feel bad.....and not the ^&$^#$&*$* just got caught kinda bad then you do deserve a chance to make amends as you said starting with those who had screwed over.

If those people accept and you truly have changed you will not be shilling anymore auctions or screwing someone on a book for a couple bucks. You have your word, your reputation, honor how you choose to present those to other people is of course your choice but think go back 150 years people did 100k deals in cattle with nothing more than a handshake.

You could have everything you always wanted but what if you lost it all. Who would want to even try to help what is basically a leech on society

It is possible to truly change. I know! I did it! While I never shilled auctions or even dealt with comics or ebay but I have been well......very bad in other ways for many years. One of my many tattoos is across my back saying that god forgives I don't......And I didn't for many years.

In fact if you seen any of my other threads I was just ripped off by a seller for $90.00 which to be honest isn't the world, but in my wilder years shall we say. I would have already been at his house/work collecting my money.

To also be honest to this day I struggle with what people call political correctness and the turning the other cheek kind of things but I have a 2 year old son that I need to be around for and not sitting in jail for stupid mess.

So you can count me as one of the people that will give you a chance but.......do not ever mistake my kindness for weakness.....

So feel free to sell to me here, ebay or wherever and I will be honest so no trying to get out ob ebay fees no saying we did a deal when we didn't. You want the chance you have to earn it honestly all I'm doing is giving you a chance to start getting back.

"All above comments are my own and do NOT reflect the opinion's of anyone else but myself."

I don't think "giving to a board charity" is the answer here. It wouldn't be a bad thing..... but if you had thought it up yourself, it would have rang more true. The way it has been put forward as stated kind of makes it the equivalent of just subjecting yourself to the will and ideas of anyone who thinks up something they think is righteous when really what needs to happen is going to take quite a while.... a long time even. A good while of continuous upstanding behavior, friendliness and integrity.

Not necessarily a "quick fix" ... but more of a start towards retribution.

If he wants to make amends, I'd say again... a great place to start would be to take some of those ill gotten gains and give them to someone who can use them.

For the record, for anyone to get off the PL or the HOS lists, they pretty much have to subject themselves to the righteous don't they? hm

(thumbs u thanks!

lol

:hi:

From reading your original post it would seem that you have done something shady, or worse, at minimum three times already. And those are just the offenses that you admitted to, I'm guessing because you were already outed for them. So I'm not really sure why any future dealings wouldn't be equally suspect, especially since you've already made an attempt to bury your stained reputation by changing your username.

(thumbs u thanks!

lol

:hi:

wave.gif

So here goes nothing.

Listen guys I fully understand that I have made a number of horribly questionable and despicable actions in the past on these boards, most notably the recent shilling scandal. I gave into the temptation to be defensive and attempt to justify my actions, when really there was absolutely none. Shilling is never ok, I understood what I was doing the whole time yet still decided to partake in this heinous activity. I've since made sure that no one lost any money as a result of my actions, and have more than learnt my lesson. I don't have any excuses, I don't expect any forgiveness, but I truly am sorry for this massive bludner on my part, and to anyone who I have affected financially, please contact me and I willl make it right.

I'd also like to take this time to apologize to anyone affected by my actions in the past, including but not limited to Kevin J, I know that I slighted you in a previous auction (the exact specifics slip my mind), but doubling the price on you after you had posted that you'd take it, is completely un acceptable behavior. If you'd PM me I'd love to discuss some ways in which I could possibly make some restitutions for my actions, I know it doesn't in any way make up for it, and I don't expect you to forgive me any time soon, but I generally am remorseful and want to try my best to make it up to you in some way.

Bosco I know I owe you a huge apology as well, trust me when I say that I've hated myself for how I treated you. I really messed up, there's really not much more that I can say than that, I did you wrong. I'd similarly like to make some inroads at possibly beginning to make things up to you, we can discuss the particulars in private, but just know that I know that I really messed up, and that I am truly sorry.

And to everyone else, let me start off by saying that I completely understand the onslaught of posts directed at me over the course of the last day or so. I know it might not seem like it to you, but I DO care about this board and this community. Ys, I've made some incredibly questionable moves, I've screwed over a few people, and done some outright bonehead things on here. Full stop, no excuses.

I hope some of you can see that at the core I'm an alright guy, who's made some bad calls, and hopefully can find it in yourselves to give me the cba ce to regain your trust. I fully understand that some of you may never trust me again, and I fully expect this post to be picked apart, but all I'm trying to do is come clean, admit my mistakes.

Drew Kim

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

igup.gif

I guess I am going to be the only one that says "a person cannot change who they really are". Look forward to your next "mistake".

You've never needed a second chance? Ever? (shrug)

I'm not going to say he's a changed man because only time will tell that but your post is like on the Christmas turkey with everyone watching at the table. lol

I know I never needed a tenth chance. What I see is a pattern of abuse, apology, abuse. Boy is stuck in a circular pattern. maybe someday he'll learn to walk a straight line and somebody will be rewarded for taking a chance on it. It simply won't be me.

Not necessarily a "quick fix" ... but more of a start towards retribution.

If he wants to make amends, I'd say again... a great place to start would be to take some of those ill gotten gains and give them to someone who can use them.

For the record, for anyone to get off the PL or the HOS lists, they pretty much have to subject themselves to the righteous don't they? hm

Yea.... I get what your saying... and I really don't think its a bad idea, I guess I just think it has to be 100 % on him to make the decisions about his path back up. He won't grow or learn anything by being a yes man.