• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cocoon Madness!

3 posts in this topic

Nope, I'm not talking about Ron Howard's 1985 film about a group of old fogies who find the fountain of youth by way of extraterrestrial design in pool waters... I'm talking about everyone's favorite Marvel Golden Boy and Cosmic Messiah: Adam Warlock.

So the internet is hot and abuzz with rumors and speculations stemming from the Easter Eggs Marvel Studios has thrown at us in Thor: The Dark World.

SPOILER ALERT!

The egg I am most psyched about...

...so there's a scene, where Sif and Volstagg encounter the immortal and omniscient-like being known as The Collector. They are concerned with the safety of one of the Infinity Gems, the Aether.

From this scene, we come to understand, The Collector has safeguarded a gem with "HIM", while in the background, a very familiar "Cocoon-like" prop can be seen. What's it all mean?

Well... read for yourself and tell me what you think: http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/a...-spoilers/78749

More can be found here: http://screenrant.com/thor-2-dark-world-easter-eggs-trivia-comic-references/

My opinion... I may have sold Thor 165 prematurely. Oh well... C'est la vie!

Luckily I still have FF 66 & 67 where HIM makes his first appearance and Marvel Premiere 1, where HIM becomes Warlock and is given one of the Infinity Gems, the Soul Gem by the Higher Evolutionary.

SW3D

14690.JPG

See more journals by screenwriter3d

Cool book. Is this the one you traded up for, or was this already in your collection? I don't know about that Guardians of the Galaxy movie...seems like it's gonna be kind of goofy (not that I won't go see it mind you). Like the first appearance of Ultron, I noticed the first appearance of the Collector has also started to go through the roof.

sig.jpg

I already had this in my collection. It is part of my "Keys of the Kingdom" set I had built for Adam Warlock earlier in the year.

Thor 165 was one of those in the set which I sold.

The big reveal has been made... see Part 2 of my journal entry.

SW3D