• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should CGC recognize this as a price variant?

11 posts in this topic

Why? Are there two different prices for the book? Not trying to be a jerk, honestly don't know.

That's the $2.99 newsstand version. DM copies were $2.25. Marvel sold the same issue at different prices for a couple months...

Jim

Technically, I 'd consider it a price variant, much like the 75 cent variants were Canadian variants to the US 60 cents variant; but in the case Juan brings up, they are newstand variants - certain titles denote this in the indicia that they are $2.25 in the direct market edition and $2.99 on the newstand.

Think FF60 Newstand variant; regular copy @ $0.09 - in principle same as the $2.25 DM/$2.99 newstand

Also, "newstand" may be nisleading nowadays. My B. Dalton/Waldenbooks/B&N stores where I find comics sell them at 'newstand' prices as well..

That's the $2.99 newsstand version. DM copies were $2.25. Marvel sold the same issue at different prices for a couple months...

Actually, they still sell most Marvel books usually one month later on the newstands with the $2.99 price tag. Although, most newsstands stop selling comics a long time ago.

Actually, they still sell most Marvel books usually one month later on the newstands with the $2.99 price tag. Although, most newsstands stop selling comics a long time ago.

I was under the impression all DM comics raised their price to $2.99 a couple of months after the newsstand prices were raised? If they didn't, then yeah...all Marvel newsstand versions are still higher than DM copies.

Jim

I was under the impression all DM comics raised their price to $2.99 a couple of months after the newsstand prices were raised? If they didn't, then yeah...all Marvel newsstand versions are still higher than DM copies.

Jim

The MArvel MK line is $2.99 both DM and on the newstand