• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The gist of it...

55 posts in this topic

It's hard for me to see Wolverine because I don't see Wolverine. I see a tall, pretty man with hairgel.

:)

So you think he's pretty?

And tall.

I think those were my exact words, yes.

:lol:

But mostly pretty?

this-is-your-wolverine_o_2210461.jpg

That. That is "your" Wolverine, world.

:D

-slym

It's hard for me to see Wolverine because I don't see Wolverine. I see a tall, pretty man with hairgel.

And tall.

But mostly pretty?

-slym

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. lol

Ah... Excellent.

I feel all caught up. Thanks! :)

I still say, if he is shown in 180 full-on (not shadowed or an arm or a face on a screen) with his name being said and interactng in the story, then "first full appearance" still just means "second appearance." No one can have two first appearances.

Fully support you on this... and agree with your follow up statements.

Don't forget Incredible Hulk #180 being the first appearance of Wolverine!

(:

Bah! That's just a cameo. Doesn't count. :makepoint:

:whistle:

Actually, the OSPG calls it a "1st brief appearance" and 181 "1st full appearance."

I still say, if he is shown in 180 full-on (not shadowed or an arm or a face on a screen) with his name being said and interactng in the story, then "first full appearance" still just means "second appearance." No one can have two first appearances.

;)

-slym

But...........but......the appetizer vs the full course argument! :rulez:

And tall.

But mostly pretty?

-slym

All that shows is that he has range as an actor. ;)

(:

Actually, the OSPG calls it a "1st brief appearance" and 181 "1st full appearance."

;)

-slym

Which is a fine argument as to which should be worth more. But when you ask your server what the first dish they plan to bring out it's probably the appetizer.

(:

;)

-slym

Which is a fine argument as to which should be worth more. But when you ask your server what the first dish they plan to bring out it's probably the appetizer.

Right. The argument was never which one is more desirable or worth more. The discussion was which came first. Clearly that's 180.

(:

;)

-slym

Right. The argument was never which one is more desirable or worth more. The discussion was which came first. Clearly that's 180.

Pft. Your factual presentation doesn't gel with my pre-determined view of the world and/or my personal agenda.

Therefore, sir, it is illogical, irrelevant, and just plain wrong.

And, you're probably a doodyhead. :baiting:

:jokealert:

Pft. Your factual presentation doesn't gel with my pre-determined view of the world and/or my personal agenda.

:applause: You'll do well here.

Appreciated, but I'm not sure I've summoned quite enough moral outrage, indignation and foaming at the mouth...

Ah well, baby steps...

Appreciated, but I'm not sure I've summoned quite enough moral outrage, indignation and foaming at the mouth...

Ah well, baby steps...

Give it time, young padawan.

;)

-slym