• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con 23 & 24 facilitator request

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, sorry for the second or third LBCC thread, but I didn't see an official LBCC thread, and want to spam someone elses thread (maybe I should have? Please let me know and I'll post this in a different thread)

Anyways, I had someone who was going to go to LBCC and get me a few books signed CGC SS, but something has just come up and he wont be able to make it. :cry:

Sadly my CGC SS wish list will have to wait for another Comic Con as he had painstakingly assembled the comics to get signed. However, he was also going to pick up a few LBCC Variants for me, and maybe get one sketched at the Top Cow booth by Marc Silvestri.

I was wondering if there's anyone who would be willing to pick up a few Top Cow variants for me, and maybe get one CGC SS sketched by Silvestri? :wishluck:

Ray

Won't be attending but just thought I'd share some info

From what I saw Marc Silvestri will only be there Saturday and for sketches its on a first come first serve BUT... I know the last day of comikaze he was taking a list for sketches and already about 5+ had signed up.

Hopefully u signed up and if not whomever can help u out should head over to his booth and sign up since who knows how many he will take on.

Thanks for the info!

I haven't signed up (is it possible to sign up before the convention?) but I'll let any facilitator I work with know.

From what your saying a sketch by Silvestri was a long shot when I had a facilitator lol, so now I wont hold my breath. I'm mostly hoping to get any LBCC Aphrodite variants they have.

Thanks man!

Yea... The worse thing is they say sketches are free (don't know if they will be free @ lbcc) on a first come first serve but what they didn't say during comikaze was that u could just show up sign up and depending what number slot you got then u would just come after a while and check how many have been done that way u get an idea of when to show up again.

Don't know if it is how they do things at his booth now or if it was only for comikaze since he was a guest of honor and was going to be at other Booths, panels etc. Maybe for lbcc he will be at his booth most of the day and giving fans a better chance of getting a sketch.

So I mean chances are still there to get a sketch SS and it helps to know u can just show up and sign up. Then the person can go do other stuff and return later to see if it's your turn for a sketch.

Thanks dude, I posted a request in that thread. Sadly this is the second time comic con facilitation has fallen through for me, so in 2014 I'm going to have to buckle down and make the trip myself hehe. It'll be more fun that way anyways :)

Anyways, I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone can help me out with LBCC. Thanks again for the info :D

I don't know how to tell you this, but your chances to get a sketch will be very very limited. Since Marc didn't finish the list of people from Comikaze, many of those people are coming to LBCC to get the sketch they were promised, so the chance for Marc to do new sketches for people showing up on Saturday - probably very slim. Even if you were there, I'm not sure this is the con where that'll happen.

I'm sure getting the variant won't be as hard, I imagine someone will offer them up for sale.

Thanks for the info Joel, from what you and others have told me in the past few days I figured that was the case. Some kind boardies have agreed to check for the variants for me, so I'm happy on that end.

Of course, I'll still keep my fingers crossed that a sketch can be had haha ;)