• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sac Con Dec 8 CGC?

18 posts in this topic

I'm seriously thinking of going to this show. This could be a great chance to get a good Art Adams sketch, and I'd love to get something from George Perez and some signatures from Billy West.

Nothing is official yet, but get books ready as there seems to be a growing interest.

One clarification - if I go, I'd only be able to get one sketch from Art Adams, and probably one sketch from George Perez. Therefore, I won't be taking sketch requests for either artist, because if I only get 1 sketch, it's for me.. sorry, guys. I don't mind getting signatures, but not sketch requests for the top artists.

Looks like I've got approval... Modern books are $35 for grading and witnessing, plus the $5 invoice fee and the cost of return shipping. Each additional signature is $5.

NO SKETCH REQUESTS for this one, except for Rafael Navarro or Joe Weems. If by some miracle you can arrange the sketch AND PAY THE ARTIST DIRECTLY, then yes, I can do the sketch pickup. I've had to foot the bill a few too many times unexpectedly at shows, and let's just say a certain company in Sarasota owns most, if not all, of my available cash at the moment... :) Of course, if you come to the show and commission the sketch, just grab me and my witness to go pick it up.

Please add $20 per book to cover Billy West's expected signature fee. If, for some reason, it's more than $20, let me know the highest you'll go and I'd bill you for the difference.

I believe Rafael Navarro charges $40 for a sketch, I have a few examples you can see if you go find my So Cal Comic Con thread. Not sure on Weems' rate, but remember, he can also ink any sketch you already own, and he's definitely a FIRST RATE inker. If you're interested, I'll ask Joe in advance and get back to you.

Hmm, if I've forgotten anything, just PM me. Understand it's a holiday week and I'm out of town, but I will try to check in. Also, please get those books in the mail to me, as I need them by Thursday, December 5th. address:

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108

I'm leaving early for this show because of the San Jose toy show a day earlier. It's a comics bonanza in NorCal that weekend. :)

Joel,

Do you believe that the San Jose Toy and Comic show on Dec 7 is worthwhile for SA Marvel comic collectors? I have never been to it. Just Big Wow

While some Silver Age dealers set up at the San Jose toy show, like Big Wow co-promoter Steve Wyatt, and R&K Comics out of Reno, there are also a lot of Modern/Bronze dealers. About 20-25% of the dealers have comics, the clear majority carry toys. I think any of the Silver Age dealers that go to the San Jose toy show will be at Big Wow, the only difference is that, if they bought collections in the last few months, you can see them at the toy show before they reach a comic show like Big Wow.

Understand, however, that when you go to this toy show, the toy vendors are the real draw, they are what you mostly see when you walk around. I like to go because some of the Modern dealers sell stuff I know I'll need at future shows for a good price. And because I like to buy certain toys too. It was busy, I spent most of the day going among the comic books and a couple toy booths.

The Sept show had an amazing guest list also. Each show seems to be getting better and better which is very nice to see up here in Sac.

For those going tomorrow, make sure you're aware of the detour.

DETOUR ALERT!

The California International Marathon will be shutting down streets near the Scottish Rite Center until about 1pm.

Avoid J Street, Fair Oaks Blvd, Howe Ave.

J Street will be completely shut down.

H Street will be open but Alhambra Blvd. will be closed from J Street to L Street.

Directions Using Highway 50

Take Highway 50 to the 65th Street Exit.

Go North (Target will be on the right hand side)

Continue on 65th Street until it turns left into Elvas.

Stay to the left on Elvas until it goes over the bridge and turns right into 57th street.

Turn right on H Street.

Turn left on Carlson.

The Scottish Rite Center will be on your right.