• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for clues about the cover by Sienkiewicz of the Dark Phoenix Saga TPB

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I publish and produce a mag in Spain about key moments in Marvel history, and I just released the first issue focused on Death of Phoenix.

You can see a few pics of the physical mag here:

http://ferrandelgado.blogspot.com.es/2013/10/fotos-de-un-ejemplar-impreso-de-plot-20.html

and you can download a large preview here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/qk5i4st9xnanh3i/PromoLibreriasN%C2%BA1.pdf

The second and third issue will be focused on the Dark Phoenix Saga, too. Many top collectors of OA are contributing with hires scan of art, specially in a section named "The Museum" which contains some of the most iconic originals in Marvel history.

Peter Sanderson and Eliot R Brown also contributed with new stuff.

I'm already working on the second issue, and there's an image that I'd like to include as back cover at full size: the painted cover by Sienkiewicz of the TPB cover dated March, 1984. You can see the image at the bottom.

The problem is that the painting is not public, and I can't locate its owner. So I wondered if someone could help me to locate him or forward him a message. I'm not interested to uncover the owner, just to get a hires scan of it.

In the other cases that someone sent me a hires scan, I credited him along the image, I included him in the acknowledgements section, and he could download a digital copy of the mag. But if the owner want to remain anonymous, this is not a problem. If you need references of fellow collectors who provided with hires scans, just ask! I think that all of them got happy with the experience, and they are willing to repeat.

Thanks!

8t6b.jpg

mv2a.jpg