• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting Books To CGC At A Con

8 posts in this topic

Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to save the shipping costs and submit to CGC directly at a Con? Anyone have a bad result or experience from submitting directly? Thanks!

No reason. The only thing you might experience is a slight delay before the books are put in the system. Usually a few days after the con they are entered.

Some people feel more comfortable handing books over than shipping them across the country.

my first 3 submissions (and my only ones up to this point) have been submitted at a con. i wanted to save money on shipping and because of the large # of books I was submitting I wanted to avoid any shipping damages etc.

I think I'm little more comfortable with shipping them directly to CGC so I'll probably do that for my next submission as the next con in Chicago (where they will be accepting submissions) isn't till April.

I filled out my paperwork before hand but they can fill it out at the shows. I just fill more comfortable handing my babies off personally. lol

I've done both at about an even split. It really depends on whether or not CGC will be at a nearby con that I plan to attend. I'd rather pack and ship my books directly than pack my books in airline luggage, and I'd rather go ahead and get the process started than wait more than two months for a con. But if I'm already going to a con anyway, then I'll take my books to save on shipping.

I've heard of people that are nervous about the way their books are treated at the CGC con table, but I've had no reason to be concerned. Sometimes the CGC table is a madhouse; I've personally seen guys come up with a shortbox on a roller cart and put it on the table with a "here ya go!" This obviously requires a lot of attention from the CGC guys who have to help this fellow fill out some invoices.

first time i filled the form out at the con but second time since i was already a member i filled out the form online and printed it. if you are member (and I highly recommend it if you are going to be submitting a lot of books in the future) you can only get the 10% (or higher if you are at a higher membership) by filling the form online (found this out the hard way and made two trips)

first time i filled the form out at the con but second time since i was already a member i filled out the form online and printed it. if you are member (and I highly recommend it if you are going to be submitting a lot of books in the future) you can only get the 10% (or higher if you are at a higher membership) by filling the form online (found this out the hard way and made two trips)

Ah! Excellent point!!! Thanks for that.