• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper - borderline modern collection...what would you offer?

29 posts in this topic

Pretty much everything has already been said.

It all depends on if it was picked/when it was picked/how hard it was picked.

If it was picked recently by a knowledgeable guy I would stay the hell away. If it is packed away untouched non picked stuff sitting for a decade, it's a gold mine.

I don't disagree - I always buy from hermits with absolutely no friends or contact with the outside world beyond their LCS . . . lol

But even a "knowledgeable guy" doesn't know everything . . . :grin:

Oh I totally get that. One man's garbage is another man's glory. I was at my LCS yesterday and they always have stuff laying everywhere. I happened across a box that had at least 50 copies of Coyote #1. I mentioned he probably had the market cornered and he said yeah, back then he would always get #1 books from the big boys in large quantities. 9 times out of 10 he would at least break even because back then he probably was only $.30 in each book. You can't argue with him when he points out he made a killing on Wolverine #1 limited series.

Just saying that eventually somebody might be looking for that Coyote #1 in high grade and he's got it in spades.

Exactly, and obviously there are different levels of knowledge. What I do know is if you take 3 boardies and give them an hour with a collection like that "cherry picked" doesn't even begin to describe what would happen.

Yeah, more like "ravished" lol

Exactly, and obviously there are different levels of knowledge. What I do know is if you take 3 boardies and give them an hour with a collection like that "cherry picked" doesn't even begin to describe what would happen.

Ravaged. :baiting:

You savage. :P

Ravaged. :baiting:

You savage. :P

:gossip: They both work . . . ;)