• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Firstly, it's a warehouse, not a wherehouse. Your repeated mispelling of that word is just irritating the heck out of me for some reason.

Secondly, he gave Mark Zaid his word. Bob will either keep it or he won't.

Lastly, Bob is free to bother to pick up the phone when I call and tell me how "blah blah blah, Superman is awesome, my hips hurts" whenever he wants, but I'm no longer accepting communications through you. He's done enough ostriching and a 60 year old man can speak for himself if he wants. He has an account here. And the ability to answer his cell phone.

You want to help the situation. Call him up and irritate the hell out of the guy until he gets off his . Or stay out of it. Hell, buy some comics from him yourself. Bob needs the money and you love the guy right? But no more defending the guy. No more making excuses on his behalf. He's not a three year old. He can speak for himself.

As a new board poster I am gonna give you a somewhat second pass….

BUT let me remind you, you did not create this thead another board member did, this post is not titled, How my order took over 7 months to get to me, or how bob is a crook…..it is again, I know you are new, the HAVE YOU HEARD FROM BB LATELY.

Bob and Mark, never talked by phone Matt, they did it thru Facebook, and unless you are in a " 3-way" I don't believe that you can say exactly what was said or promised as far as a time line. Do i think Bob wants to send our you stuff ASAP, yes but after the recent snow storm, and getting realistic about a timetable, he is gonna stick to the original less than 30 days route. DO I as board member like it….no I am on your side and just hope things work out for you and you get what you paid for.

Bob feels that he was treated BADLY by the boards given his historical place in comic book history. If fact a number of former board members feel that same way, they post, get slammed and then never do it again. He feels also given his insurance claim against the CGC that certain members would like to give "pay back" for that incident. That is addressed on another thread however. I cannot tell you how difficult it is to post on these boards, it takes a certain personality…like Gatorman…I mean superman who has his own thread just to ask questions to and is up to over 300 pages of answers…….

I don't buy the "run away " theory when it comes to BB. He post for while and took a lot hits.

I am in the search for Truth…about Bob and the universe. I just cannot let you continue to post a "DEADLINE", line in the sand, that is probably not gonna get met.

So, one more time, I know you are new, Bob is going to send ONE SHIPMENT of all of your pulps in the next say 28 Days, there is where you can draw you line in the sand.

Bob is a friend and I have helped the situation as best I can, do you think that I did not tell BOB to send the pulps out YESTERDAY…of course I did, But let me remind you that I am 2000 miles away, dealing with 60 plus year old man who is not in the best physical health himself nor his family members who is in the middle of a WHEREHOUSE move in winter snowstorms in the midwest.

Bob feels that he was treated BADLY by the boards given his historical place in comic book history. If fact a number of former board members feel that same way, they post, get slammed and then never do it again. He feels also given his insurance claim against the CGC that certain members would like to give "pay back" for that incident. That is addressed on another thread however. I cannot tell you how difficult it is to post on these boards, it takes a certain personality…like Gatorman…I mean superman who has his own thread just to ask questions to and is up to over 300 pages of answers…….

I respect the Gatorman.

Didn't bother to read your last post Mitch. I've said my piece. Clock is ticking. - M

….Marshall Will Kane speaking here……I will be waiting

You are young guy, I forgot…Go to IMDB…..put the name "Gary Cooper" and try and guess…...

[bob feels that he was treated BADLY by the boards given his historical place in comic book history. If fact a number of former board members feel that same way, they post, get slammed and then never do it again. He feels also given his insurance claim against the CGC that certain members would like to give "pay back" for that incident. That is addressed on another thread however. I cannot tell you how difficult it is to post on these boards, it takes a certain personality…like Gatorman…I mean superman who has his own thread just to ask questions to and is up to over 300 pages of answers…….

Even if this is true, what does it have to do with Matt getting his books, or his money back?

[bob feels that he was treated BADLY by the boards given his historical place in comic book history. If fact a number of former board members feel that same way, they post, get slammed and then never do it again. He feels also given his insurance claim against the CGC that certain members would like to give "pay back" for that incident. That is addressed on another thread however. I cannot tell you how difficult it is to post on these boards, it takes a certain personality…like Gatorman…I mean superman who has his own thread just to ask questions to and is up to over 300 pages of answers…….

Even if this is true, what does it have to do with Matt getting his books, or his money back?

MM is suggesting that someone's importance to history should give them a Muligan. I suppose we should revisit Hitler as not such a bad guy; he was only rotten on the inside.

Matt is calling BB out for not going on the boards to address this issue, I am relating the fact that BOB, along with a host of other board members have been not given the proper respect given their contribution to our comic book world. Bob would like post again on the forum, but he feels that he it is gonna be a no-win situation given his history with certain board members. I agree with him on this issue.

Bob feels that a number of board members are gonna "gang up " on him when and if he posts.

I'm not commenting to slam Bob Beerbohm but as a long time collector my previous experience with BB was not that impressive. Over priced, over graded inventory and slowwww to respond. He did once give me a small refund, like 10 dollars, on an overgraded book I was not happy with. If I see him setup at a con, I stay away. Is he crook? No. Is he a good dealer? No.

MM is suggesting that someone's importance to history should give them a Muligan. I suppose we should revisit Hitler as not such a bad guy; he was only rotten on the inside.

The OJ defense?

Mitch,

He acted like a complete jackazz on the boards and got what he richly deserved. We don't owe him anything apart from a nod for being part of the early history. From what I've seen he's eroded anything we owed him to less than zero by this point :/

I'm not commenting to slam Bob Beerbohm but as a long time collector my previous experience with BB was not that impressive. Over priced, over graded inventory and slowwww to respond. He did once give me a small refund, like 10 dollars, on an overgraded book I was not happy with. If I see him setup at a con, I stay away. Is he crook? No. Is he a good dealer? No.

Bob would like to know what comic book that was….yes I am talking to him now…and he has read the thread. He would like to post his response but knows the lynch mob mentality that is present.

He can probably avoid angry posts if he avoids a post giving excuses and asking for money from board members, and instead just simply states a promise to mail them tomorrow, and maybe the tracking numbers for them.

Barring that, does he think anything worse can be said regardless of what he posts here?

And get off the phone with him. Tell the man to call me instead. I'll pick up. Least he could do is lie to me directly. Would at the very least save the intermediaries time.

Matt, bob feels you any conversation with would NOT be productive, he has stated his position that he will send your pulps, all 341 in the next 30 days. He is gonna call me later and he is gonna address all issues……..

Mitch,

He acted like a complete jackazz on the boards and got what he richly deserved. We don't owe him anything apart from a nod for being part of the early history. From what I've seen he's eroded anything we owed him to less than zero by this point :/

The only thing I remember was Bob saying something like "This is my hobby I'm letting you guys participate in", or something like that. Not a great way to make friends or influence people.