• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building a Golden Age DC collection from the ground up
1 1

282 posts in this topic

Well, not be a wet blanket about your dream book cuz its also one of mine, but Gary Dolgoff just sold a Action 13 on ebay in blue 3.5 for $34k.... That seems high to me, but it is the "Tec 31" of Action covers. :sorry:
I guess price wise, but even just counting Superman covers, I don't see it. 7, 10 & 19 are all cooler to my eyes.

The only ones I could see over #13 are #1 and #7 in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of #10 or #15. Love #17, #19, and #20. And am I the only one who really likes #22?

I'm with you on this one.

The only ones I could see over #13 are #1 and #7 in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of #10 or #15. Love #17, #19, and #20. And am I the only one who really likes #22?

I love Action #22. (thumbs u Great bold cover colors and great art by Shuster.

Very cool! I'm glad I read this thread. . . my own introduction happened last year with a Four Color #318 (Donald Duck #1). I've added one other book.

I'm actually in the middle of thinning out my modern books tonight.

Guess what, folks!?

Well, I upgraded my 'Tec #40 to a blue label tonight. I'll post pics when it arrives. But that means my lovely CGC 2.0 Qualified is now available in the sales forum, if anybody is interested in adding a copy to their collection!

--CB

The new 'Tec #40 has arrived. Blue label goodness. :cloud9:

Not much drop off from my other copy if you ask me.

DETECTIVE COMICS #40 (1st Joker Cover; 1st Clayface) CGC 1.5

nsk7.jpg

y002.jpg

Congrats Jake!

that's the way to do it, great eye appeal on that book, congrats on another GA pickup. :applause:

I always figured there would be a lot of maneuvering with this undertaking. Glad you guys don't think I'm nuts for dropping a half grade point to get into the blue.

that's the way to do it, great eye appeal on that book, congrats on another GA pickup. :applause:

I always figured there would be a lot of maneuvering with this undertaking. Glad you guys don't think I'm nuts for dropping a half grade point to get into the blue.

Ha! I'd drop five points on my Bat 1 to get into a blue

I don't want to jinx myself, but I'm working on acquiring something very pretty in the next couple days. Nothing major, just very early and clean.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on my Superman #2 to arrive from HA.

And I'm trying to figure out what to do with the 'Tec #45. Since it's only slight amateur color touch the front cover, I'm very seriously considering trying to have the resto removed. Might make up for the current slab arriving in such poor shape.

Edited by Cosmic Boy

Here's a better pic of the amateur color touch:

o035.jpg

What do you guys think? Yay or nay to restoration removal? Don't know what's left under there and I would obviously take a hit in grade. But I'd rather have a lower blue than a higher PLOD.

hard for me to tell where the ct is exactly, is it the green on the back of the guys jacket? doesn't look to bad, I would PM Kenny and see what he thinks. maybe give him better pics.

I was under the impression it was a touch up to the bricks, to the right of the Kane sig.