• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post YOUR (SA) book of the day

797 posts in this topic

Now there's a couple of beauties you don't see every day. :applause:

I have other Ditko Charlton covers from 1957 scanned that I could post but I don't want to monopolize the thread. I'll post some more when we come around to 1957 again.

Now there's a couple of beauties you don't see every day. :applause:

I have other Ditko Charlton covers from 1957 scanned that I could post but I don't want to monopolize the thread. I'll post some more when we come around to 1957 again.

You're not monopolising. There's only a few of us anyway that seem interested enough to put their books on...so post away :)

1957-ADV242-95f_zpsb37bc706.jpg

I always really liked the Superboy story from this issue - after first reading it in Superboy #129. When Gerber published his cover guide and I saw the Adventure #242 cover for the first time (with a piece out of it in the Gerber book!) I wanted a copy. Years later I was pleased to acquire a CGC graded copy. Thanks for posting yours.

1957-ADV242-95f_zpsb37bc706.jpg

I always really liked the Superboy story from this issue - after first reading it in Superboy #129. When Gerber published his cover guide and I saw the Adventure #242 cover for the first time (with a piece out of it in the Gerber book!) I wanted a copy. Years later I was pleased to acquire a CGC graded copy. Thanks for posting yours.

You're welcome and thanks. I love my copy and have enjoyed it, because I cracked it out. I have to say the grade of 7.0 on this book is severe to say the least. I found the book to be an easy 7.5, either way I love the book :cloud9:

UnusualTales10.jpg[/url]

ALL of those Charltons are just beautiful books, Tony D. Nice group of Ditkos every step of the way. Love that last one. . .perhaps no surprise that somebody who became synonymous with another arthropod could make such a staggering cover with a shrouded figure who looks like an insect.

And his name's on the satchel, no less.