• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF Heaven!

42 posts in this topic

That date stamp on the #12 makes me want to weep. frown.gif

You'd pass on that book just because of a very small, unobtrusive stamp?

Then I think you need to add "with no date stamps" to your signature line. poke2.gif

Goes without saying!!! Should I also put no handwriting, SSS, bad miswraps, tan pages, qualified/restored, color fading, manufactured with only one staple, or boogers hard-fixed to the case?

Then I think you need to add "with no date stamps" to your signature line. poke2.gif

Goes without saying!!! Should I also put no handwriting, SSS, bad miswraps, tan pages, qualified/restored, color fading, manufactured with only one staple, or boogers hard-fixed to the case?

If the date stamp was good enough for the kid who bought it off the newsstand, it's good enough for me. cloud9.gif I almost didn't even notice this date stamp anyway because it's so small. And it doesn't impact the integrity of the book, so it isn't the same thing as faded colors, tanned pages, or boogers.

Geggy nut-sack creases are OK then?

He'll be glad to hear that! thumbsup2.gif

If the date stamp was good enough for the kid who bought it off the newsstand, it's good enough for me. cloud9.gif

Well if we were waxing THAT nostalgically, then we'd also look at FN 6.0 and NM 9.4 as good enough for us...that's the grade half of the books on those old wireframe spinner racks ended up being after not selling for a few days once half-a-dozen hands had folded them over looking for other titles and issues behind the ones in front! crazy.gif

SSS, bad miswraps, tan pages, qualified/restored, color fading,

It's ridiculous to put such a small date stamp in the same catagory as the above defects.

And I realize that there's nothing wrong with having a set standard for what you want in your collection and what you'll spend your hard earned cash on, but in this case I just don't understand. It's a clean, well-centered copy with fresh page quality, and considering the fact that it's a book you seem to want quite badly for your run, I think it's crazy to pass up such a nice copy. Just my opinion.

It's a clean, well-centered copy with fresh page quality, and considering the fact that it's a book you seem to want quite badly for your run, I think it's crazy to pass up such a nice copy.

I'm selectively obsessive-compulsive. All my neighbors hate me because I let my grass grow up to about 6 to 10 inches or so before I mow! I've also got a HUGE computer desk, yet I can only see 5% of the surface due to it being covered with junk...it'd be 100% covered if I didn't have to keep a section clear to move my mouse around! acclaim.gif

Geggy nut-sack creases are OK then?

He'll be glad to hear that! thumbsup2.gif

How did nut-sac creases get associated so closely with greggy? blush.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I understand the date stamp thing btw-

If you have an almost complete run of FFs and none have date stamps, the last few you pick up you wnat to them to be clean too.

I think the same way on FF 51-up were I am/was able to afford high grade copies.

I didn't want any DSs.

But on my mid-grade early Silver I'm less picky.

A date stamp on a nice white paged F+ of FF 10, 11, 12... won't scare me in the least.

SSS, bad miswraps, tan pages, qualified/restored, color fading,

It's ridiculous to put such a small date stamp in the same catagory as the above defects.

And I realize that there's nothing wrong with having a set standard for what you want in your collection and what you'll spend your hard earned cash on, but in this case I just don't understand. It's a clean, well-centered copy with fresh page quality, and considering the fact that it's a book you seem to want quite badly for your run, I think it's crazy to pass up such a nice copy. Just my opinion.

popcorn.gif

great books, but my initial reaction was that the 34 in 9.4 looked a lot nicer than the 25 in 9.4.

and, man that date stamp on the 12 is tiny and neat and placed nicely, too. FF:e one picky dude........ grin.gif (not that there's anything wrong with that).

these books will command some coin..............

Buy the label, not the book. makepoint.gif