• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a modern non fight and tight book last?

51 posts in this topic

"Marvel and DC put out the vast majority of the great comics ever produced."

There's no arguing that. But that being said, they are just that, in the past.

As for CBT, im not going to argue with him, simply because i cannot type :)

if we were in person, then i would TRY. lol

Marvel and DC still put out really good comics and stories. But you have to look for them. The great stuff is not going to be in Avengers or Uncanny X-Men.

I think someone else mentioned it, but Kieron Gillen JIM run a couple of years ago I'd put up against most comics. For story telling and just unique / cool ideas.

I didn't dig it but I know Fraction's Hawkeye got a lot of buzz around here for a while.

Uncanny X-Force 1-18 were great....

I just started reading superior spider-man and for a top 3 title, it's really awesome. Listening to Doc Ock's internal monologue about how much PP stunk as Spider-Man is worth the price of admission. And his ability to figure out the Mary Jane equation was a great moment.

Check out RED 5. They do some awesome work. They are way underrated. They are at about 50 issues of Atomic Robo right now, but it WILL GROW! :frustrated:

Invincible?

Let's hope So. Invincible is a book that could go on forever with its awesome huge cast of characters. Invincible is the new Spidey.

+1

Invincible is the new Spidey. I've said that before too.

Invincible will be around for a long time. The book is great and has a loyal following of fans to sustain it.

Plus, it's got comics new "Richie Rich" Kirkman behind it. It's his other "baby." It would have to tank to really small numbers for him to stop publishing it. lol

But it doesn't fit the OP question, since it has tons of fights and superheroes in tights....

Invincible?

Let's hope So. Invincible is a book that could go on forever with its awesome huge cast of characters. Invincible is the new Spidey.

+1

Invincible will be around for a long time. The book is great and has a loyal following of fans to sustain it.

Plus, it's got comics new "Richie Rich" Kirkman behind it. It's his other "baby." It would have to tank to really small numbers for him to stop publishing it. lol

But it doesn't fit the OP question, since it has tons of fights and superheroes in tights....

True, but super hero books from the non-big two generally have a shorter life-span than non-super hero books, aside from savage dragon and maybe spawn.

Invincible?

+1

It does raise one interesting point. The fact that it's a superhero book that is as good as it is, and has a print run lower than it should, serves to illustrate the tunnel vision the market has in general. If it's not Marvel or DC, some people don't even look twice. :(

Invincible?

+1

It does raise one interesting point. The fact that it's a superhero book that is as good as it is, and has a print run lower than it should, serves to illustrate the tunnel vision the market has in general. If it's not Marvel or DC, some people don't even look twice. :(

It reminds me that marketing supercedes quality in sales more often than it should.

Even though I know its not going to happen but Saga could. I mean they could do endless stories and spinoffs. Nice to dream but ain't happening.

It could increase its audience vastly with lowering the adult content in the book, but one can only dream about that too.

lol