• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor, Dark World

4 posts in this topic

Finally took time to ho to the theatre today

And I was pleased. And my wife enjoyed the movie too, although I think she spent half of it watching Sif & critiquing her armor in her mind. (My wife fights too)

I was pleased with the story and surprised with the first epilogue.

For some reason, when I was young, I never got into Thor. Now that I am very much older, I am saddened by that. Because behind the facade of mutant mayhem and spidey stories there is a series I missed with beautiful art and clever, engaging stories. Today Thor is the single Marvel Comics book that I buy each month. I just wish it had always been on my reading list.

Lee K

14741.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Thor and Iron Man were my 2 favs as a kid. Looks like you are king of the hill double fisting....watch out for that pike

We liked Thor 2 better than Thor 1. They are both great and it was fantastic to see Loki in great humor

Fun movie. Wife liked it more than the first. I'm torn...I thought a few of the scenes were more than a little cheesy (see Thor on the subway) so I'm kinda leaning toward the first one more. Next movie we want to see is Catching Fire...I'm not one to read books without pictures for entertainment, but I read that whole series and loved it.

On another note...Agents of SHIELD has been great and there was a cool tie in to Thor the Dark World last episode that I'm sure everyone here has seen (and if you haven't, I strongly recommend it). Speaking of SHIELD...I also read in Entertainment Weekly recently that people were giving that show flack because they weren't introducing other characters from the Marvel Universe like Arrow has been doing with the DC characters. I tend to agree with this point, but the show has been so good I'm not hung up on it.

sig.jpg

I saw Thor opening week and I think its better than the first. It was great to see Thor and Loki team up. As much as I loved the first credits scene, I loved the last scene with Thor and Odin more. Can't wait to see what that leads to.

I just saw the Hunger Games yesterday. This movie was also better than the first. And I really liked the first one. The movie kept me engaged even with such a long running time. I really want to go back and re-read the books now. The next movie on my radar is the Hobbit next month. I was a little late to the game and just watched the first one two weeks ago.