• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value invoice

5 posts in this topic

Yep, my grades finally came in...

Fifteen books.

Three go-go checks

One Strange Adventures

One Weird War Stories

Ten shark covers for my buddy's Christmas, some of those being books I bought for him. And some being books Ronnylama bought for him...

The go-go checks are ok, An 8.5, a 9.2, and a 9.4 - they'll be added to my sets eventually. Right now they are all being rejected as not available for their slots. I do have to say I'm a disappointed with the 8.5, I must have really missed something on that book as I expected a 9.2. The 9.2 I am pleased with, only copy graded for one of the romance titles. Hard to find, and very much needed to complete the set.

The Strange Adventures came back 7.5 (yay, 24 points) but it did have a small tear in the lower right portion of the cover from mishandling. Twin Cities pedigree, and it does fill a hole in my set, albeit an entire grade lower than I'd prefer as a minimum.

Like the Strange Adventures issue, the Weird War Tales was added to make the fifteen book minimum after I realized one of the shark covers I was going to submit had a pulled staple at the centerfold. From my personal collection, it came back a 9.0, and if too will be added to my set once the registry lets me.

My buddies shark covers came back pretty sweet.

Kona #3, Dell, 1962, 9.0 ow/w (expected 8.5)

Adventure Comics #441, DC, 1975, Don Rosa, 9.4 ow/w (expected 9.6)

House of Secrets #145, DC, 1977, 9.4 ow/w (expected 9.4)

Flash Gordon #30, Whitman, 1980, 9.6 white (expected 9.4)

Airboy Comics V7#11, Hillman, 1950, Crippen D, 5.5 ow (expected 6.0)

Sub-Mariner #57, Marvel, 1973, 9.2 ow/w (expected 9.4)

Sub-Mariner #66, Marvel, 1973, 9.6 ow/w (expected 9.6)

Tarzan #243, DC, 1975, 9.0 white (expected 9.0)

Bionic Woman #2, Charlton, 1978, 9.0 white (expected 8.5)

Gold Key Spotlight #9, Gold Key, 1977, 8.5 white (expected 9.4)

All in all, I think he'll be happy with his Christmas sharks.

There's blood in the water! Happy Hunting!

Lee K

14743.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

I know one of those shark books....I thought Octopus meant 8 legs?

Were you slashing it with an axe or sword?

LCS is something quite srtange INDEED lee strange

and the teeth (or suckers) look like a keyboard...was that intentional?

An impressive portrait of Aquaman's sidekick/assistant/pet/pal/coworker Topo!

Topo page

This is an ideal opportunity to plug Tom Kater's fantastic podcast series Tom vs DCU. It's been out for a while, but since it's based on reading comics from the 50s-70s it holds up. Tom vs the Flash and Tom vs Aquaman are certainly among the best and either is a good place to start. Follow the adventures of Topo, his "roommate" Steve, Lorenzo, and all the other recurring sea creatures (swordfish, electric eels) of the Aquaman Salvation Squad who are always on hand to save Aquaman regardless of the location or water conditions. Iceberg trouble in the North Atlantic? River pirates on the Amazon? The same fish help in any circumstance!

I love Silver Age DC... sometimes you just need to throw your logic into the wind and go for it. :cloud9:

Hey, you even have a couple Marvel books! Nice job on the grades...you were right there with most of them. I love these older books and I'm sure your friend will as well. It's been like 6 months since I've submitted an invoice. I'm hoping to put together 15 worthy economy books in the next few months with a mixture of keep and sell so we'll have to see how that goes. Hopefully I have similar luck to yours.

sig.jpg