• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Spotlight 5

24 posts in this topic

I think you’re right in having it as a NM-, conservatively a VFNM.

The gripper holes are just a manufacturing defect: unless you are annoyed by them they don’t represent a damage. I don’t think CGC would downgrade for these, otherwise they should downgrade for each other manufacturing flaw that makes the book less nice, which they don’t.

I personally would not give the same value to a copy with heavy or skewed miswraps and another which is well-centered, and I think the CGC standards have influenced too heavy the personal perception one has of a book: if the book is nice and you like it, who cares if it has a minor flaw? Even if you would have to sell it, a nice-looking book is always what matters. :)

That is a 9.2 all day!!! You do know a 9.2 is not perfect, right?

Was that on Ebay recently?

Oh man you are right, I thought 9.2 was perfect. Thanks for the insight, I will sit down and have a long hard think about how I grade.

It was not on ebay.

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.