• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, What about next year?

4 posts in this topic

Or, I still need to add up what I spent this year.

There is a bit over a month to go before 2013 is little more than a memory. Although my spot on the registry is slowly dropping I am happily placed closer to four hundred than five hundred. A few well purchased books would change all that. And maybe in 2014 that will happen.

My goals for 2014 will have to be listed out and I will have to limit myself to a finite amount if books and activities. However, I might try to travel to five different cons. The first two being in March. The fourth and fifth cultivating in Baltimore and then New York, while the third is still a curiosity.

Wizard World is my home convention. I get press emails all the time with "guess who we have", or "now attending". The thing is I'm not interested. Out if the multiple emails I get about guests, only one of them announced a comic book artist, and he wasn't even the top billing. Even some of the professional cosplayers are getting more if a celebrity status. I have seen how Wizard World has changed and I'm unimpressed, maybe they have to start over at a number one.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14749.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I'm thinking the same kinds of thoughts. So far I have HeroesCon in June and Baltimore in September pretty well solidified. Both are close enough to drive to, which helps a lot when you're thinking about dropping off books to CGC that you'd rather not have treated like this...

Hopefully I'll have the time/money to squeeze in another one, but it's not looking good just yet.

I only have it in my budget to do Wizard World NYC (if they host one in 2014) and NYComicCon.

I wish I could travel to cons, even things in my region, but the monies spent traveling, hotels, food, ticket price, and CGC submissions must be spent elsewhere. I have a few dental procedures to contend with right off the bat, tax fillings, and there's this crazy thought in my head for buying or leasing a new car.

Sadly, comics will take a back seat to these things.

SW3D

Tnerb, Been doing a lot of thinking on this one. Would like to make more head way on my X-Force and Avengers vs X-Men Set, finish off the New Mutants (Liefeld) Set, and then take a good look at the Neal Adams Marvel/DC Set. After all of it I have a few sketches and really think that every Con I go to next year has the ability to help me out next year in each of those. But for me those are still some loose goals which all need to be tighten up. I guess I have a single month to figure out where I want to go and then drive towards it.