• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you collect everything you read?

17 posts in this topic

For those of you who still pick up monthlies like me, do you consider everything you get each month "part of your collection"? Do they all get bagged, boarded, and treated with care? If not, what is it about some books that makes you think differently?

I keep everything I buy and treat it well until I dont enjoy it anymore, then I sell lots. I recently found that many readers in my area will chuck moderns in a pile save for a few series which they take care of. The thought of thay was very strange to me.

Everything gets an all-white board (acid free?) and acid free bag. Not the super high-end ones, but the decent ones.

If I'm going to buy it, I want to keep it in as good a shape as possible. Why do otherwise? I don't understand why someone wouldn't take care of something that they are going to keep.

For my more valuable stuff, or prospects I think might have value, I'll put them in the bag and board, but then put that in a MyLite 4 to give it more rigidity, and prevent them from being bent.

I bag and baord everything. I sell almost all of them at some point. I even sell stuff I love when it is hot and try to go back and buy it cheaper at a later date. This year, I purchased The Authority 1-29, Plantary 1-27. Ultimate X-Men 1-100 plus annuals, Astonishing X-men 1-50, Fell 1-9, Pantheon 1-13 ?, Cla$$ War 1-6, and some other stuff from around 10 or so years ago for under $200 combined. It all has some value to someone and I try to move the new stuff fairly soon unless I perceive it to be way above average.

I bag and baord everything. I sell almost all of them at some point. I even sell stuff I love when it is hot and try to go back and buy it cheaper at a later date. This year, I purchased The Authority 1-29, Plantary 1-27. Ultimate X-Men 1-100 plus annuals, Astonishing X-men 1-50, Fell 1-9, Pantheon 1-13 ?, Cla$$ War 1-6, and some other stuff from around 10 or so years ago for under $200 combined. It all has some value to someone and I try to move the new stuff fairly soon unless I perceive it to be way above average.

I had my only letter published in Astonishing #9!!!

I read everything I buy, and buy everything I read.

I bag and board everything, but I put two comics back to back in one bag with a board in between.

I have never sold or gotten rid of any comic book since I started in about 1969 or so.

I had my only letter published in Astonishing #9!!!

Thats awesome ! My only letter was in Avengers 217. Showing my age a little lol

bag and board them all, everything's part of the collection

Pretty much my senitments exactly. I don't care nearly as much for my moderns and their condition, etc but yeah, they are a part of the sum of the whole. They get bag and board treatment.

My SA keys get CGC treatment or, at the very least, mylar treatment.

bag and board them all, everything's part of the collection

Same here. I have my entire comic collection which grows and shrinks, buy and sell all the time, but everything is funneled from the whole into my PC collection. Everything has value, and I move the stuff I don't "collect" for stuff I do PC.

Based on my former addiction to sports cards in my teen years, my comic PC is strictly high grade First appearances (RC''s), and original art.

All sports cards freaks know it wasn't about having one 89 Griffey, it was about a full page. So once I collect a book, I can't stop and buy every high grade copy I come across whenever possible. My kids gonna inherit a fat hoarder stash of pure keys and 1 of 1's. luckily my wife loves it would never ask me to sell the PC baring family emergencies and acts of god. She,s had plenty of vacations off of the spider-man stuff I don't PC. ;)

Cheers!