• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to Oni Press

25 posts in this topic

I ordered several copies of the Black & White variant of Letter 44 from Oni's website.

It took almost three weeks for them to ship due to some problems they were having.

I explained to their customer service department that I really needed them by last Friday as I was planning to submit to CGC at the LBCC.

Their customer service rep named Shy was quick to respond, promised to get them out asap and did just that,

Problem was when I received them they were severely damaged. I asked for replacements or a refund and they were very quick to the following...

A. Apologize

B. Give me a refund

C. Even allowed me to keep the damaged books after I offered to ship them back.

This is how a successful business should be run...with exceptional customer service unlike many others in the hobby (MyComicShop.com I'm pointing at you)

Problem was when I received them they were severely damaged.

May I ask what kind of damage it was? I ordered 4 copies and they came back with, as someone on these boards has said, corners sharp enough to poke an eye out BUT they all had a scratch on the front cover, top left, all in the same place. Looked like a printing defect but I doubt that it was, someone would've definitely brought it up by now. I'm thinking of now following suit and getting these returned hm

Problem was when I received them they were severely damaged.

May I ask what kind of damage it was? I ordered 4 copies and they came back with, as someone on these boards has said, corners sharp enough to poke an eye out BUT they all had a scratch on the front cover, top left, all in the same place. Looked like a printing defect but I doubt that it was, someone would've definitely brought it up by now. I'm thinking of now following suit and getting these returned hm

Can you post a scan here so we can see if its a printing defect or not? Its sounds to me like a printer scrape.

Oni is the only company so far I have bought from that packs there comics well when they ship them. They also put a disclaimer on when these variants were purchased as well. Something to the extent that these copies were untouched from the printer, but some were not perfect.

I got a couple of NM- copies, but the majority were NM or better. Again all the copies looked untouched and looks like that's is how they came from the printers.

Returning them for a serious defect or damage I can understand. Returning them for other reasons is more an OCD thing we suffer from on this board a lot lol.

It's also a little sad that in this day and age, we have to stand up and applaud when we get adequate service.

Which isn't trying to diminish Oni in this situation, but is more of a mourning song for today's retail environment.

Sad but true. When my wife goes and gets fast food she gets mad when they don't get the order right.

I am just happy when they do.

Hey JayJ....don't have a scan yet but one book was severely dented all along spine with creases as well.

Second Book was so close to top of package which was just big enough to hold comic that when I opened it it tore off part of the top of comic :( First time that ever happened to me...that book also had some significant spine ticks as well though.

Just glad they were willing to take care of it, and were super nice about it...I have dealt with recently with some REAL bad online shopping experiences in this hobby.

Want to share when a retailer goes above and beyond or at least gives exceptional customer experience...those are the dealers that will get all my money moving forward.

:roflmao: Haha, I was the one that made the comment about poking eyes out. But yeah, I got 4 copies from them and two had the same scrape, i thought printer defect as well. Was gonna scan but I had a long day at work and a new Xbox to play

Here's a copy of a letter they sent me today. This is just classy and very proactive.

On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:10 AM, "Shy Allott" wrote:

Hello,

My name is Shy and I am the new Director of Sales at Oni Press.

I'm writing you today because you placed an order with us and it has not yet gone out.

Due to some unforeseen disasters, our warehouse has been incredibly backed up with orders.

We are working very hard to dig ourselves out of this hole and, quite unfortunately, your order has been significantly delayed because of this.

I cannot apologize enough for this situation. I will gladly refund any orders if you wish to cancel (just reply with your order #), or please know that we will get them out as soon as possible with a small thank you token. My first and foremost mission in this new position is to ensure that this kind of mishap never occurs again.

If you have any questions comments or concerns, please feel free to email me directly.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Cheyenne (Shy) Allott

Director of Sales

I can tell you that they are now mailing them out in bubble mailers so my love affair with Oni is over. While mine made it safely, many wont packed that way at Christmas.

This might be a diamond in the rough though because high grade will be harder to find due to packing disasters.

Also that scrape someone earlier was talking about is a printer scrape I found one of my copies with it. It just happens in production. As far as I know if you slab the book it wont be downgraded for that scrape. One of my other copies has another scrape across the middle as well. Just the production process.

Also that scrape someone earlier was talking about is a printer scrape I found one of my copies with it. It just happens in production. As far as I know if you slab the book it wont be downgraded for that scrape. One of my other copies has another scrape across the middle as well. Just the production process.

My guess is this is not one of those non-downgrade scrapes is it?

My Phantom Variants and other copy seem to be in ok condition.

nufs.jpg

Sorry it took so long to get this scanned boys. Here's what I was talking about. All 4 of my copies have it, same place. It's accompanied by a pretty slutty crease too, so can easily be mistaken for a color breaking spine tick :frustrated:

E0soVl7.jpg

What to do? (shrug)

Grrr... it seems like the customer service is slipping.

First order a month or so back came in great packaging and book were perfect.

Second order arrived about a week ago and all 4 books were badly damaged as they had posted internationally in just a bubble mailer.

I emailed them to see if I can return for a refund and I have not even received an answer...

So seems like a big drop in both packaging & customer service to me!!

Such a shame as every one seems to be raving about their service on the boards.