• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to Oni Press

25 posts in this topic

Sorry it took so long to get this scanned boys. Here's what I was talking about. All 4 of my copies have it, same place. It's accompanied by a pretty slutty crease too, so can easily be mistaken for a color breaking spine tick :frustrated:

Mine don't have that but they all have a vertical crease about half an inch or less from the left.

Not sure what you want to hear. Does your book have damage? Yep. Was it from production or packaging?

Would I send that back to Oni and demand a refund? Probably not unless you can prove it was from the packaging then I would ask for one.

I wasn't looking to hear anything in particular. You mentioned that it could potentially be a printer scrape and kapzilla said he had it too so I put the pic up for advice, that's all. My question now is, is it possible for one book's print run to have both faultless copies and ones with production defects and still be graded the same i.e. in this case, the scrapes would be defects and my books would still come back as 9.8s even though there are copies out there without the damage??? Or is a production defect only deemed so if EVERY single copy of a book has it? ???

Mine don't have that but they all have a vertical crease about half an inch or less from the left.

I have that too, 2 small ones as a matter of fact on the book I posted above. But I'm guessing that a press could potentially fix this :shrug:

Not sure what you want to hear. Does your book have damage? Yep. Was it from production or packaging?

Would I send that back to Oni and demand a refund? Probably not unless you can prove it was from the packaging then I would ask for one.

I wasn't looking to hear anything in particular. You mentioned that it could potentially be a printer scrape and kapzilla said he had it too so I put the pic up for advice, that's all. My question now is, is it possible for one book's print run to have both faultless copies and ones with production defects and still be graded the same i.e. in this case, the scrapes would be defects and my books would still come back as 9.8s even though there are copies out there without the damage??? Or is a production defect only deemed so if EVERY single copy of a book has it? ???

I have that too, 2 small ones as a matter of fact on the book I posted above. But I'm guessing that a press could potentially fix this :shrug:

Some other guys that are more experience in slabs with defects can answer that. Maybe Mschimdt, Branget, or JJ can. I know they will not downgrade a book for a production defect, but it honestly looks like your books are from shipping and not production. Sorry I cant give you a better answer I am sure someone will come along and answer it for you.

Yeah that's exactly what mine have.