• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA/BA Marvel-DC Adams/Ditko/Kirby/Starlin/Steranko/Wrightson-FINAL BLOW-OUT!!!

32 posts in this topic

:news:

12/1 UPDATE -- Please see page 3 for deep discounts on all remaining books. And shipping is now FREE in the US!

------------------------------------------

Up for sale tonight: a short stack of better Silver and Bronze Age books from my personal stash -- mostly Marvels, but a few DCs as well.

SHIPPING:

Domestic US shipping for 1-4 books: $8.00 via securely-packed & fully-insured USPS Priority Mail (padded mailing envelope) w/Delivery Confirmation.

Domestic US shipping for 5 or more books & ALL slabs: $13.00 via securely-packed & fully-insured USPS Priority Mail (medium flat rate box) w/Delivery Confirmation.

• Very sorry -- NO international shipping at this time.

TERMS:

:takeit: in the thread rules.

• NO probies, HOS'ers, etc.

• PayPal is the ONLY form of payment I'll accept for this sale.

:news:***VERY IMPORTANT:*** Payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date!

If you require more time, please PM me FIRST before committing to buy, and I'm sure we can work something out. However, if payment is not received within the specified time period, and no other arrangements have been made, I reserve the right to cancel the sale and re-list the item.

• I usually ship within one day of receipt of payment; sometimes the same day, if I'm working from home!

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me) -- as a former US Postal Service employee, I tend to get very high marks for my packaging and shipping, mostly because I know what NOT to do...! :grin:

My feedback thread!

I'll start the listings in a few minutes...

Thanks for looking! -Mike

Amazing World of DC Comics - Special Edition #1: A digest-sized issue (5.5" x 8.5") of DC's in-house fanzine (Amazing World of DC Comics) published to promote the 1976 Super DC Con in New York. Contains an unpublished five-page Superman story drawn by Neal Adams (reproduced directly from his original pencil art). Interior is b&w w/some spot color on the inside front and back covers.

Full details on the contents of this are here:

http://metropolisplus.com/AWODCC/awodccSP.htm

VERY nice copy -- appears to be uncirculated. NM+.

$60

AmzWrldSpec1a.jpg

AmzWrldSpec1b.jpg

Captain America #108: I bought this one for the date stamp (Sept. 11). I wonder how many other issues of Captain America are stamped with that date? The date stamp was probably not worth the (slight) premium I paid for it, but I'm guessing somebody else might think it's neat. Fine.

$25

cap108a.jpg

cap108b.jpg

The date stamp on that 108 caught my eye, as well...very cool. (thumbs u

Must stay focused, must stay focused, must stay focused...

:gossip: must buy comics...must buy comics...must buy comics....

Captain Marvel #31: Starlin & Thanos! CGC 9.2 (white).

Nice copy for the grade. Slab itself is clean and crack free, and will of course ship double-boxed and securely packaged with mucho bubble wrap, etc.

$55

SOLD!!!! via PM...

cap-marv31a.jpg

cap-marv31b.jpg

Tales of Suspense #59: Cap's solo SA adventures begin here (by Kirby, natch!) -- one of my all-time favorite SA Marvels.

Other than "Ronald Ziegler" writing his name on the front cover (Nixon Press Secretary pedigree? :grin: ), this is a solid copy of a minor key issue with good gloss and deep cover colors. F/VF. (2011-2012 Guide ~ $220!)

$100

SOLD!!!

talessus59a.jpg

talessus59b.jpg

Tales of Suspense #80: Kirby Red Skull/Cosmic Cube awesomeness! Iron Man and Subby, too! Fine+.

This is a "MID-PENN" book (see stamp on back cover): NOT a pedigree or anything like that -- it's from an OO collection of several hundred SA books which surfaced in central PA some years ago. The OO bought each copy off the rack from his local "Mid Penn" news-dealer in the Harrisburg area back in the late '60s and early '70s, read them once, and socked them away. Some were high grade, some not, but all were very nicely preserved.

$45

talessus80a.jpg

talessus80b.jpg

Swamp Thing #7: Very sharp copy with great cover colors and gloss.

Swamp Thing AND Batman by Bernie Wrightson -- what's not to love?!? Another personal favorite…lost track of how many copies I've bought and sold over the years. I'm grading this one fairly conservatively I think at NM-.

$75

SOLD!!!

swampthing7a.jpg

swampthing7b.jpg

And...that's it for this batch.

Time and weather permitting (i.e., if I don't get stuck late at work), I may add another book or two tomorrow night.

Also, did I mention that any and all PM offers will be cheerfully considered? Try me!

Thanks for looking! -Mike

Swamp Thing AND Batman by Bernie Wrightson -- what's not to love?!? Another personal favorite…lost track of how many copies I've bought and sold over the years. I'm grading this one fairly conservatively I think at NM-.

$75

Been watching another one of these on ebay that's slightly more expensive and looks slightly less appealing, so...

:takeit:

$75

Been watching another one of these on ebay that's slightly more expensive and looks slightly less appealing, so...

:takeit:

(thumbs u All yours, thanks!

:takeit: per PM

Thanks!

Tales of Suspense #59: Cap's solo SA adventures begin here (by Kirby, natch!) -- one of my all-time favorite SA Marvels.

Other than "Ronald Ziegler" writing his name on the front cover (Nixon Press Secretary pedigree? :grin: ), this is a solid copy of a minor key issue with good gloss and deep cover colors. F/VF. (2011-2012 Guide ~ $220!)

$100

talessus59a.jpg

talessus59b.jpg