• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starting Raw

7 posts in this topic

Or My First Birthday Book.

I was walking around Wade's Comic Madness outside the Philadelphia area. For two years I frequented this place once a week for my weekly haul. This was at a time when I worked in the neighboring state over ten years ago. I shopped there because it was easier to pick up my books after work on Fridays, not to mention I worked seven days. That time has long since passed, but I still like to frequent the place from time to time.

I had a few hours to kill before seeing "The Day of the Doctor" and besides getting dinner I decided to do a bit of shopping with a friend of mine. The main reason I wanted to go to this comic shop is an amazing selection of trades, but it was a certain "wall" book that caught my eye.

I have still yet to decide how I am going to do collect my birth month comic books. Will I buy them all raw and upgrade later? Will I get the best available? Will I try for all that I get to be graded a 9.2 symbolizing the year of my son's birth? Will I try for a signature series set? A 9.2 signature series set? No matter what I do, I had to start somewhere and what better place than to start with a copy to read.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14752.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Good plan going with the best reading copy you can find and upgrading as you go along. If the copy is nice enough you can get it graded, and if not then you still have a good reading copy (like this one). Kind of ironic that it's your first birthday set book and it has Superman rapidly aging on the cover. Don't let it bother you Tnerb, it happens to all of us. :)

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Wow Tnerb! Your bad guy is so bad...

He's got a gun in his right hand AND a gun in his right-handed holster.

I don't think Neal has a lot of handgun experience.

Oh well, it is a pretty cover & it doesn't appear to have any mutants on it, so I think you're moving up in the world.

Lee K

The ones that are marked with my Burthday month, they are easier to track then when they were released. For instance Tarzan 207 has an April publication date but went on the newsstands February 29th.

Neal Adams had a similar blooper with the one armed killer known as "Hook" with a hook for a right hand who murdered Boston Brand/Deadman in Strange Adventures 205. First the hook was drawn on the right hand, but some issues later, Adams drew it on the left hand! See Deadman's Strange Adventures for more info.

SW3D