• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1975 Marvel Slurpee Cups

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a scan of all these cups or know of a site that has one? I am trying to help out Batroc of the Avengers comic board by identifying where the art on these cups came from. Unfortunately, I only have a couple of them and the scans for the few they have on e-bay are not too good. Thanks.

You neglected to turn the cup one more time to show Dormammu's paragraph describing himself:

"As the Dread Dormammu, I've often wondered why I got such a sucky name? Why am I the Dread Dormammu, why not dreaded? I'm not even from Jamaica. Plus, Dormammu, what the heck is that? My family name is Spencer. And an anagram for 'Dormammu' is 'A Dorm Mum', I mean COME ON!! Clea's hot though, wish my head wasn't in flames or I would've tried to kiss her long before now. And I'm also jealous of Stephan's ankles, so thin, so delicate."

Hey thanks for the scans! Only the two to the right are from the 1975 series and I recognize the lovely Brunner art on Clea from Dr. Strange #5 when she was a prisoner of Silver Dagger. The Doctor Strange art looks familiar but I can't recall where its from. Anybody know?

I am posting up these cups in the hopes that someone can help identify the ones I am missing. I already have the art for the Cyclops (X-men #43) and Spider-man (Cover logo), however I don't have too many Silver Surfers in my collection so I need help with that one. We had a fun and informative MVS thread awhile back so I hope this will be similiar and we can figure out the whole set. I think I am only missing less than a dozen of the 60 in the set. Here it is-

sscup.jpg

Well I still haven't found where the Silver Surfer art for the cup so if anybody knows please let me know. I am now attaching a pic for the Red Sonja cup... I think it is from her appearance in Conan 44 or 45 but I don't have those issues. If someone who does have those comics could take a look and see that would be great.

Once these two are found only the King Kull and Iron Fist cup will remain unidentified but I will post those up later if I get some response. Please help out if you can and once all of these are identified I will post the list on the Boards for all to see.

13.jpg

Okay the Red Sonja cup is from Savage Sword of Conan #1 interior page. Anybody have a collection of Silver Surfer 1st series to look for that art? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Could also be from FF 121-123, as Buscema did the art chores there, too... confused-smiley-013.gif

You're right and I think Buscema did his appearance in Thor #193 as well. Something else I just noticed is that the CGC Home page has the same Silver Surfer image over on the top right. Where did this come from? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif