• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two years later

3 posts in this topic

Ever feel like your story wasn't all wrapped up?

July 1961, August 1963.

So when you feel like you have some more story to tell, and the book your stories see print in is episodic in nature, you get to wrap up your loose ends.

Although these two frog-people look totally different, they are meant to be the same race of undersea dwellers, bent on a disagreement with the air breathers of the surface world.

What do I love? The same pink sky tying it together on the cover, and the same protagonist on the inside, visiting the undersea world.

Does it have anything to do with DC's regular continuity? No. There is no Aquaman, no Sea Devils, no Superman to help us with our conflict, mankind has to figure it out themselves.

Fish people is a regularly occurring theme in Strange Adventures, but the deep, blue sea really was as new to us as outer space in the fifties & sixties. And one day, I'd love to have them all.

In the mean time, Happy Fishing!

And Happy Thanksgiving

Lee K

14756.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Yes, both of these I read before I submitted them. Many issues are available as readers cheap, is high grade issues that are rarer.

I particularly enjoy the fishermen from the sea story in issue #106, but I can't find a HG copy to supplement my reader.