• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Radio Show Ideas

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I graduate from Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Texas in a couple weeks and I just found out I got the General Manager job at the radio station I've worked at for the last four years. So, I will be here for the foreseeable future.

My co-host and I are trying to make our comic book show we do bigger than ever.

I'm looking for ideas. Any segments people would be interested in hearing on a comic book themed radio show.

Also, we have done quite a few interviews, but since we have gotten some bigger names (Cullen Bunn, Kevin Maguire, etc..) recently, we should be able to pull even bigger names. What are some other interviews you'd be interested in hearing on a show like this...

Also, everyone can listen to the show online at kxtr.net. I'll post more info when we start back after the winter break.

Have you listened to the better known comic book podcasts?

Comic geek speak is good (and used to be great).

Good segments to have in the rotation:

Modern reviews

Flashback reviews

Shop talk (find a shop owner who'll come on weekly to talk what's hot, funny stories of customer... Whatever) I have always thought it would be interesting.

Previews review (of what books are coming out )

Convention recaps (local or elsewhere if you can get some attendees to call in and talk about guests, panels, deals, etc)

Kickstarter segment. I bet some of the people w/ kickstarter a would live the free pub, and there are new kickstarters every week.

Have you listened to the better known comic book podcasts?

Comic geek speak is good (and used to be great).

Good segments to have in the rotation:

Modern reviews

Flashback reviews

Shop talk (find a shop owner who'll come on weekly to talk what's hot, funny stories of customer... Whatever) I have always thought it would be interesting.

Previews review (of what books are coming out )

Convention recaps (local or elsewhere if you can get some attendees to call in and talk about guests, panels, deals, etc)

Kickstarter segment. I bet some of the people w/ kickstarter a would live the free pub, and there are new kickstarters every week.

These are great ideas. Thank you very much. We do modern reviews and previews and cover Texas conventions, but I LOVE the Kickstarter, Shop Talk and flashback reviews ideas.

I used to really like Comic Geek Speak, but then the episodes would sometimes be 3 hours long.

Yeah. There's been a few podcasts that I really liked. Ifanboy was my favorite. They do have a lot more freedom on their shows, but they also don't have the luxury of a terrestrial radio signal and live online streaming like our show and the guys at Fanboy Radio out of KTCU in Ft. Worth.

I think an episode on grading would be awesome. I'd love to have someone from the board call in to talk about it as I'm not a very experienced grader.

I'd also love to have people call in for episodes about specific genres. Western comics, horror comics, etc..

Just find someone who collects that specific thing heavily to talk about the history and some of the best books for that genre.