• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FRAUD ALERT: Daredevil Sellers watch out.

22 posts in this topic

After having computer problems since last Friday, I was not able to access the net and while updating myself on all of the orders that I have shipped out...I discover this.

This guy uses the BIN option pays within minutes. Woohoo!.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2156552151

.....BUT!!!

While checking on the status of the delivery I got this:

"Your item was refused by the addressee at 12:24 pm on February 01, 2003 in BROOKLYN, NY 11228 and is being returned to the sender. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later."

WTF? confused.gif

I guess things happen for a reason. I was about to re-send the package today, but look at this email I got today:

"It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of

potentially fraudulent funds. We have initiated an investigation

into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a

pending reversal on the funds in question until the

investigation is complete. This pending reversal will

show as a deduction in your available balance. In

the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using

your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Jan 30, 2003 04:09:53

Transaction Amount: $38.94

Payor's Email: equianes@yahoo.com

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this

transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our

investigation is complete as you may be liable for the amount

in question."

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Some people don't like it....but I ALWAYS wait until paypal funds have cleared into my checking account BEFORE I mail an item out. Some people complain about it.....but most are understanding. I always apologize for the inconvenience.....but I WILL NOT be out both the item and the money in a transaction.

Actually from what I heard, his grandma told a seller that he just got out of jail (how lovely) and is making purchases wildly with a credit card. Who it belongs to is the question smirk.gif

Check out his feedback. Follow up comments are coming and watch out for the negatives. You can also view the second link which shows his latest Daredevil shopping spree! Watch out guys, block this guy now.

Feedback of madman

Movie Hype shopping spree!

Guys like this are why I don't usually send feedback right away anymore. He has a couple of positive feedbacks that have negative follow-ups. How many more of those is he getting? Unfortunately, if people don't look at the comments and notice, it is all still positive feedback. That is one of the biggest problems with the feedback system. That and feedback extortion.

I will leave feedback once paypal completes their investigation. I don't want to leave feedback immediately since I am not out to ruin this person's feedback w/o the "whole" story or atleast the majority of it.

As a seller, I never initiate feedback unless it is a repeat customer. Too many insufficiently_thoughtful_persons out there on ebay, so sellers have to protect themselves. As a buyer, I leave feedback first since I expect it when I am on the other end. tongue.gif

This loser recently bought Daredevil 181 CGC 9.6 from me with the BIN. I sent the book out the next day. I sent the book with delivery confirmation and insurance and to a paypal vertifed address. I just got an email from paypal saying that payment is being reversed and funds held until the investigation is complete. I thought paypal has seller protection for cases like this. I hope I am not out of the money for the book. It is not right if I have to eat the lost. That is what paypal and credit company is supposed to be for. Mad, am I ticked.

"do they have the ability to dip into your bank acct. to get the money"

They can do this on a verified account. That's why I use a dummy account at a bank I've never even been to in person. wink.gif

How long does it take to clear. If it clears, does that meant there can't be anymore problems down the road. I don't mind sending smaller items right away but for big bucks items. I am thinking about holding until the paypal clears. All this time, I thought once I got the money it was Ok. I didn't think they could take it back just like that.