• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are COOLING OFF on ebay!

420 posts in this topic

krighton is a forum member here, that's a tough sale, interesting that someone either stole his pic or you found an alt account.

Looks like someone stole his pics.

And the seller, brownchickano, is a member on these boards. hm

What better place to steal pictures of comics you don't have than the CGC forums? :censored:

krighton is a forum member here, that's a tough sale, interesting that someone either stole his pic or you found an alt account.

What better place to steal pictures of comics you don't have than the CGC forums? :censored:

Isn't that the guy who throws lowball offers in sales threads instead of PM ing?

Isn't that the guy who throws lowball offers in sales threads instead of PM ing?

(thumbs u

Bingo. :facepalm:

Maybe I'll have to tar and feather another boardie on their "bad behavior". :D

I've got my pitchfork ready :devil:

I've got my pitchfork ready :devil:

It's good odds that he's stealing pictures from other people.

Check out his auctions, none of the backgrounds are the same. Kinda strange to have auctions running during the same time period, yet all the backgrounds are different? hm

He did steal krighton's scan.

here is his post buying the nowhere men books

from Krighton's thread

He's a lazy picture thief. :facepalm:

He did steal krighton's scan.

here is his post buying the nowhere men books

from Krighton's thread

He's a lazy picture thief. :facepalm:

People have been drawn and quartered for less :insane:

Wow, two super classy moves. :taptaptap:(tsk)

Wow, two super classy moves. :taptaptap:(tsk)

not unusual. there were times when people would ask if it was okay to use the pictures i took of my wife's jewelry for her store's website. it was all good because they bought from her store. large sellers do this sometimes when buying from a vendor that supplies goods.

Catwoman #23.

+1.

And if we are talking single issues:

The Outliers 1

Day Men 1

Todd 1

Clone 1

Skyward 1

Watson and Holmes 1

Day Men and Clone never really got that high, did either break $15? I would say the print run in those two mentioned, and Todd, still give the book's potential (because it's so low).

I was kind of thinking the same thing when I read this. Clone 1 got up to around $20 for maybe a week which was a big winner but it still brings around $10-15 which isn't bad if you got in cheap. If I remember right, Day Men 1 hit somewhere around $25 for 1 day then fell back to $17-$20 for a few days. It also seems to have settled around $10 which is what it has been selling for for at least a month or so. I'm impressed that Day Men didn't tank considering the delay in producing #2 but it was a pretty cool concept.

I am fine with paying cover ($2.99 - $3.99) for a book and still being able to flip it a few months later for $10. Sell fast to cover your purchase costs during the initial bubble peak then slowly sell the rest over time at $10+ for gravy.

FWIW, if/when they get Day Men on track it could jump again due to the print run. It was a great concept.

I see a lot of people mentioning EoW and other more recent Image #1s as cooling off. This is what happens when the print runs for a #1 are driven by rampant speculation rather than readership..........

East Of West, Sex, Lazarus, Phantom / Ghost variants (were they ever "hot" anyway?)

Thief Of Thieves, Chew, Bedlam, Revival and Walking Dead aside from the mega key issues (Image Party like it's 1995!)

I'm not willing to out Todd or Clone in that "cooling" category yet because it takes a while for a TV show in development to get done. In a few months we may be saying that Preacher has cooled off because we're impatient.

How about books that we made a killing from in the last year that are as dead as dirt?:

Sixth Gun, Nowhere Men, Black Beetle, Last Of Us (sets are still selling okbut not anywhere near what they were when issue #3 first came out)

East Of West, Sex, Lazarus, Phantom / Ghost variants (were they ever "hot" anyway?)

Thief Of Thieves, Chew, Bedlam, Revival and Walking Dead aside from the mega key issues (Image Party like it's 1995!)

I'm not willing to out Todd or Clone in that "cooling" category yet because it takes a while for a TV show in development to get done. In a few months we may be saying that Preacher has cooled off because we're impatient.

How about books that we made a killing from in the last year that are as dead as dirt?:

Sixth Gun, Nowhere Men, Black Beetle, Last Of Us (sets are still selling okbut not anywhere near what they were when issue #3 first came out)

The biggest modern that has cooled off the most is sixth gun. It went from being scorching hot to ice cold. Pretty deadly was cold before it started. I think Peter panzerfaust has cooled greatly as well.

Don't you think that everybody now realises that there is a fairly consistent pattern to the heating /cooling of most new releases and that a mooted t.v. /movie doesn't really matter in the scheme of things?

I think there is also a realisation that TWD is an outlier rather than a model for hot book performance.

TWD caught everybody by surprise before there was an established flipping culture, in fact it created the flipping culture. Now everybody hoards new releases so nobody is taken by surprise anymore.

As soon as those hoarded copies trickle into the market, the latent demand that created the bubble is sated and the price drops based on simple supply/demand.

MOST people are surely wise to this pattern by now?

Often wondered if something like that should be included for the Probation List?

The biggest modern that has cooled off the most is sixth gun. It went from being scorching hot to ice cold. Pretty deadly was cold before it started. I think Peter panzerfaust has cooled greatly as well.

I wouldn't disagree with the above, but I will site one sale. I sold a Sixth Gun 1 I picked up for $1 for like $55 month or two ago after demand has really slowed. I wont say its dead, but there is still demand at a certain price.