• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facing tough foe, man turns to comics collection

21 posts in this topic

Poor guy - I hope he finds some way to slow down this degenerative disease so he can have as many years as possible with a quality of life he is comfortable with.

I dont think so,

This reminds me of the book "Tuesdays with Morrie"

Degenerative afflictions are mostly not able to be clinically treated in any way.

You just kind of ride it out........ as sad as that is.

Morrie Shwartz in the book had a similar disease

at least this guy has a way to support himself for a little while right :)

I dont think so,

This reminds me of the book "Tuesdays with Morrie"

Degenerative afflictions are mostly not able to be clinically treated in any way.

You just kind of ride it out........ as sad as that is.

Morrie Shwartz in the book had a similar disease

at least this guy has a way to support himself for a little while right :)

If by ride it out you mean exhaustively explore all available treatment options then I agree with you. There are drug and therapeutic treatment options available and this disease is not the monster that ALS is.

That said, it's a horrible disease and my best wishes go out to this fellow comic collector and his family.

Awesome find, I wonder who he will sell with.

Heritage?

Gary (Moondog) is helping this man out. Gary is a great guy and this man is his friend.

Correct. Books are being sold through ComicConnect

Some amazing stuff and really nice HG keys (TOS 39 7.5, JIM 83 8.5, Hulk 1 7.5, etc)

There's a write up in their catelog and a video on their website.

The ToS and JIM had me drooling. Such great books. I'm sorry to hear that he had to sell these books you can tell how much he cared for them given their condition. I'm surprised he didn't try to pedigree them. I hope the sale goes well for him and he is able to have a long and comfortable life.

I'm surprised he didn't try to pedigree them.

If ya got the money to do so. I tried to pedigree my collection. Very similar to this poor guy's collection. The problem is the company saying your collection is pedigree wants you to submit all of the books. Which would cost a regular person a fortune. Like they say it takes money to make money.

Hope this guy does well with selling and with his health.

Steve Landman is a really nice man. When Gary came to me about his health situation we wanted to do everything in our power to get the word out about his collection. We were very fortunate to get mainstream coverage and hopefully will get some more. More importantly we hope Steve's stays healthy for a long time.

I was happy to see Yahoo cover it but wish they had mentioned our site so people would know where to go to bid on the books.

http://news.yahoo.com/facing-tough-foe-man-turns-comics-collection-190631185.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

Here is the video (Gary is awesome in it!)-

http://www.comicconnect.com/load_page.php?page=Moondog_Dr.Fate_Collection

Here is a link to all the books in the collection-

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?pageNum=0&pageSize=&adv_search_pos=&order=&sort=asc&display=list&set=&front_image=&price=&mod_date=&style=&searchType=advanced&spsearch=true&title=&issue=&comments=&stock_type=&publisher=&genre=&creator=&pedigree=98&grade_min=0&grade_max=0&listing_type=&runSearch=Search

If anybody has any questions about the Dr. Fate books or anything else please email us at support@comicconnect.com and we will help you out.

Best,

Vincent

The ToS and JIM had me drooling. Such great books. I'm sorry to hear that he had to sell these books you can tell how much he cared for them given their condition. I'm surprised he didn't try to pedigree them. I hope the sale goes well for him and he is able to have a long and comfortable life.

Steve's collection wouldn't qualify as a pedigree since he only bought off the stands from 1964-1968. He filled in all the early issues by buying mail order during the same years. That's why he has many high-grade keys but not ultra high-grade keys. The 1964-1968 books are all, for the most part, in the 9.4-9.8 range.

I posted this in the SA forum but if everyone could help spread the word it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, everyone.

Gary