• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heads up. Thief trying to sell my book on eBay.

35 posts in this topic

This dirtbag is attempting to sell my ASM 300. eBay is dragging their feet, and several people have contacted them. The price is too good to be true, and he has zero feedback, so that's why nobody pulled the trigger. Here's the book. Look at this on eBay:

The Amazing Spider-man #300 CGC 9.8 WP Todd McFarlane 1st Venom Marvel Key Issue

http://bit.ly/1k1Tdgn If that link doesn't work, the item number is 200996797890. Sellers name is eagle_yall.

This dirtbag is attempting to sell my ASM 300. eBay is dragging their feet, and several people have contacted them. The price is too good to be true, and he has zero feedback, so that's why nobody pulled the trigger. Here's the book. Look at this on eBay:

The Amazing Spider-man #300 CGC 9.8 WP Todd McFarlane 1st Venom Marvel Key Issue

http://bit.ly/1k1Tdgn If that link doesn't work, the item number is 200996797890. Sellers name is eagle_yall.

I can't believe people take other peoples pics and use them to deceive on Ebay.Too bad they can't filter out somehow the thieves and scammers from that place.

Also what sux, is that someone has already made an offer, and 17 people are watching. I'm glad he declined. The representative at ebay said they would contact the seller and request he remove the listing. What? Request he remove it?? I told her it's sort of like me going into her parking lot, and selling her car to someone. It's a theft in process.And they can stop it. It's $600, not a $5 book, which is still immoral, but not quite the blow to a wallet .I've given them all the proof they needed. They're still not removing it.

Well, I must apologize, but after seeing that this encapsulated book comes from a smoke free home, I just had to place a 10.00 offer on it. :cloud9:

$10, and you want to pick it up. Wonder how he'd respond to that?

Someone had my scans/pics of my old Hulk #181 as a potential prize for a "Mystery Box" on ebay!! I kept notifying ebay and they did nothing.

I wrote the guy and said "you're using scans of my old book"... he replies "Says who, loser."

I wrote him saying - SAYS ME! And included a scan of the book. :makepoint: Then he just changed it to another scan of a different Hulk #181. lol

It's easy to just cut and paste anyone's pictures. A board member saw it and told me. A friend of mine also saw it. People fight and complain all the time on the boards, but in matters like this, it's apparent to me that most have each other's back.

I wrote to the seller telling him that he was a piece of sheit thief who stole a pic from a person I knew,who by the way was not selling.Now listing seems to be ended by the seller. :cloud9:
:headbang: Awesome. I just hope they kick this piece of %#$@ off eBay. They probably won't, because of ebays response earlier in the day. They'll give him a good scoldin' and send him back on his merry way to attempt to scam someone else.

I'm the one that alerted the op as I saw this last night

This isn't the first time this is happened and I suggest to everyone who uses a site that hosts pics to make those pics private to limit the scammers from taking them directly from you