• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic Boy's FS: REDUCED Detective Comics #40, Showcase #6 + $1 Bronze Marvels!

64 posts in this topic

What the heck - I'll take the Captain Marvels.

Do you mean the Captain Americas?

Whoops - My bad. I'll take the rest of the Warlocks:)

BRAVE & THE BOLD #25 (1st Suicide Squad)

GRADE: CGC 3.0 (Off-White to White Pages)

This is a tough, tough book to find in any condition. And this one's actually quite nice for a 3.0. Very presentable with only a little bit of noticeable staining. Unfortunately, the case does have a crack on the bottom back side (visible in the photo). So it will have to be a re-sub on you if you're a perfectionist regarding slab scratches/cracks.

Also a very tough book to price. Not much data to go on. A CGC 5.0 sold recently for $575, and a copy not quite as nice as this one just went on Ebay for over $150 raw.

PRICE: $175

mgzr.jpg

0ca6.jpg

Take it

SHOWCASE #6 (1st Challengers of the Unknown)

GRADE: CGC 1.0 (Cream to Off-White Pages) (4 pieces of tape on interior cover. 2 pieces of tape of 1st page & 1 piece on 3rd page)

Another really tough book to find in any shape. This one's a filler copy missing a couple of small pieces from the front and back covers. DC's first superhero team and Kirby's pre-cursor to the next book I'm about to post. And that's glare on the left side of the cover, not scuffing.

PRICE: $175 :news: $150

w379.jpg

l9an.jpg

BRAVE & THE BOLD #25 (1st Suicide Squad)

GRADE: CGC 3.0 (Off-White to White Pages)

This is a tough, tough book to find in any condition. And this one's actually quite nice for a 3.0. Very presentable with only a little bit of noticeable staining. Unfortunately, the case does have a crack on the bottom back side (visible in the photo). So it will have to be a re-sub on you if you're a perfectionist regarding slab scratches/cracks.

Also a very tough book to price. Not much data to go on. A CGC 5.0 sold recently for $575, and a copy not quite as nice as this one just went on Ebay for over $150 raw.

PRICE: $175

mgzr.jpg

0ca6.jpg

Take it

Great! ^^

Okay, here it is, the low grade gem. :)

Selling this one feels a little bit like this... :tonofbricks:

But some of you know I've moved on to a different focus, and I fear this won't even be the last big book to suffer the wrath of leaving my collection.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 (1st Fantastic Four, Mole-Man, and the start of Stan Lee's reign of terror lol )

GRADE: CGC 1.0 (Off-White Pages)

A decent starter copy that shows all the wear and tear typical of early low grade Marvels. There is a medium sized piece missing from the top right of the front cover. Color breaking scratches into the front cover. Marvel chipping. Small piece out of the top right back cover. But hey, it's a 1.0, and it still presents fairly well given the grade.Again, the whitish hue by Sue is glare from my phone not a scuff on the slab. I'm gonna miss you Ben Grimm!

Looking at the comps and the overall growth of the big Marvel keys, I'm gonna price it at:

PRICE: $1400 SOLD!!! :news:

4cg3.jpg

enj0.jpg

It is an impossible to find book.

It's one of the few BB books I don't have yet that I really want.

It's actually a really cool cover too. And I just know that I'm going to have a of a time finding another copy some day.

But some of you know I've moved on to a different focus, and I fear this won't even be the last big book to suffer the wrath of leaving my collection.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 (1st Fantastic Four, Mole-Man, and the start of Stan Lee's reign of terror lol )

A decent starter copy that shows all the wear and tear typical of early low grade Marvels. There is a medium sized piece missing from the top right of the front cover. Color breaking scratches into the front cover. Marvel chipping. Small piece out of the top right back cover. But hey, it's a 1.0, and it still presents fairly well given the grade.Again, the whitish hue by Sue is glare from my phone not a scuff on the slab. I'm gonna miss you Ben Grimm!

Looking at the comps and the overall growth of the big Marvel keys, I'm gonna price it at:

4cg3.jpg

enj0.jpg

:takeit: per pm

4cg3.jpg

enj0.jpg

Nice Score... I called that one.

4cg3.jpg

enj0.jpg

Nice Score... I called that one.

Indeed!