• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic Boy's FS: REDUCED Detective Comics #40, Showcase #6 + $1 Bronze Marvels!

64 posts in this topic

Okay, here it is, the low grade gem. :)

Selling this one feels a little bit like this... :tonofbricks:

But some of you know I've moved on to a different focus, and I fear this won't even be the last big book to suffer the wrath of leaving my collection.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 (1st Fantastic Four, Mole-Man, and the start of Stan Lee's reign of terror lol )

GRADE: CGC 1.0 (Off-White Pages)

A decent starter copy that shows all the wear and tear typical of early low grade Marvels. There is a medium sized piece missing from the top right of the front cover. Color breaking scratches into the front cover. Marvel chipping. Small piece out of the top right back cover. But hey, it's a 1.0, and it still presents fairly well given the grade.Again, the whitish hue by Sue is glare from my phone not a scuff on the slab. I'm gonna miss you Ben Grimm!

Looking at the comps and the overall growth of the big Marvel keys, I'm gonna price it at:

PRICE: $1400 SOLD!!! :news:

4cg3.jpg

enj0.jpg

:takeit: per pm

Congrats :applause:

DETECTIVE COMICS #40 (1st Joker cover; 1st Clayface)

GRADE: CGC Qualified 2.0 (Staples Replaced. Tape on entire spine of interior cover and interior.)

Just upgraded my copy tonight. Okay, so this one is a qualified book, and while that might turn some off, it's a real beauty in hand. Presents awesome. And really, it's only the staple replacement that got it the green.

Since I just recently picked this up, I'm pricing it at just under what I paid total for it (I had to pay New Jersey taxes).

I promise you, that if you can overlook the green, you'll love having this one in your collection.

PRICE: $750 :news: $700

p4bu.jpg

tgj2.jpg

I'm extremely interested in the Tec 40 but I gotta ask what on earth is wrong with it that it got a 2.0?? All pages are intact right? Nothing is missing? Is it the tape on the inside?

I'm with you. I bought it slabbed, so I don't know. Short of cracking it and investigating, we'll probably never know. It does mention that interior tape explicitly, but the cover tape isn't all that extensive. So... I guess they really really didn't like the staple replacement. It sure doesn't look a 2.0 book. Then again, neither does the 1.5 blue I picked up tonight.

It really is a gorgeous book from a presentation standpoint.

You've really got me doing some serious serious thinking my New Jersey chum....

:baiting: I was shocked that I got it for that price a couple weeks back. I guarantee you'll never find a complete copy that looks this good for the price.

I'm extremely interested in the Tec 40 but I gotta ask what on earth is wrong with it that it got a 2.0?? All pages are intact right? Nothing is missing? Is it the tape on the inside?

I'm with you. I bought it slabbed, so I don't know. Short of cracking it and investigating, we'll probably never know. It does mention that interior tape explicitly, but the cover tape isn't all that extensive. So... I guess they really really didn't like the staple replacement. It sure doesn't look a 2.0 book. Then again, neither does the 1.5 blue I picked up tonight.

Easy to turn that label back blue. Remove the staples and resub. Can't see the grade dropping much. I've got a CGC 3.0 All Winners 1 with no staples.

Easy to turn that label back blue. Remove the staples and resub. Can't see the grade dropping much. I've got a CGC 3.0 All Winners 1 with no staples.

Yeah. I'm kind of interested to see who ends up getting it and what they do with it. Obviously, I'm biased because I'm selling it, but I think it's a steal at this price.

MORNING :bump: and slight price reduction:

SHOWCASE #6 CGC 1.0 WAS $175 NOW $150

DETECTIVE COMICS #40 CGC 2.0 Qualified WAS $750 NOW $700

+ ALL REMAINING $1 BRONZE MARVELS are now just $.50 each!!!!