• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Factor 5 & 6

254 posts in this topic

Do you guys think $50 for a NM raw copy of X factor #6 is too much?

My main local shop has had one up on the wall behind the counter for a month or two for $35...

And it's not like they don't sell moderns...he got $200 for a raw NM 98 he had back there

Now I'm irritated that I may have passed over a fair # of #5s over the years in dollar boxes. Definitely I grabbed the #6s, but the #5s would have panned out too.

I think the price increases over the last 48 hours are ridiculous.

VERY common book, even for that era. Hard for me to mentally move it out of the $1 bins of my youth (early-mid '90s). While I acknowledge that was 20 years ago, it's now hard for me to think of it as anything more than a $20-$40 book raw.

Now y'all are gonna' make me dig my copies out of storage to put up on eBay so I can treat the Mrs. to a nice dinner? If the price acceleration continues we might even be able to spring for the fancy wine...

Yeesh...

VERY common book, even for that era. Hard for me to mentally move it out of the $1 bins of my youth (early-mid '90s). While I acknowledge that was 20 years ago, it's now hard for me to think of it as anything more than a $20-$40 book raw.

Now y'all are gonna' make me dig my copies out of storage to put up on eBay so I can treat the Mrs. to a nice dinner? If the price acceleration continues we might even be able to spring for the fancy wine...

Yeesh...

Yes sir. I actually passed over a #5 in the dollar bins on Tuesday. I already sold 2 #5's on ebay, both sold within 4 hours of listing. Now I have to dig around as I should have a few more someplace.

Yeesh...

the power of bubblecool.com, cheap debt, a market driven by speculators, and a RAVENOUS desire for books to flip. I bet the CGC forum users could all pool together a solid shot at having 25,000-30,000 copies of this book hoarded. lol

What is the going rate for a 5, raw?

The two I sold last night both sold within 4 hours of posting at $15 shipped. Could I have priced the a little low? Maybe. What do I care though when I sell a book that use to be worth one dollar for 10?

This is a very common book, and a very common book in high grade.

The two I sold last night both sold within 4 hours of posting at $15 shipped. Could I have priced the a little low? Maybe. What do I care though when I sell a book that use to be worth one dollar for 10?

I got two yesterday, one for $2 and one for $1. Now? Yeah, $15 seems a good start.

-slym

I got two yesterday, one for $2 and one for $1. Now? Yeah, $15 seems a good start.

-slym

I would strike while the fire is hot. I bet the book cools down at least a bit within a week or 2.

One of the books will go immediately back on eBay, but I don't list until it is in my hands.

The other... the auction said 9.2, but the pics showed a much prettier book! If it is the one on the picture I saw, it might get 9.6 or above if CGC'd. If so, it is getting sent it. We'll have a while before the movie.

;)

-slym

Oops, that's what I forgot to qualify. What eBay grades are selling for $15?

I'll have to flip through mine and see which go now and which get graded.

The backstory of how that X-Factor #5 shadowy figure came about is interesting.

Originally, Bob Layton - writer of the first five issues of X-Factor - had intended to use the Daredevil villain Owl as the Alliance of Evil's mysterious master (mentioned in X-Factor #4, May 1986). The final page of X-Factor #5 initially featured Owl, however after Layton was removed from the book and replaced with Louise Simonson, the final page was changed to feature a character named Apocalypse instead, as Simonson and editor Bob Harras wanted a new villain for the book, commenting, "As soon as I saw the sketch by Walter [simonson] and heard Louise's take on him. I knew we had the character I wanted. Jackson [Guice] redrew the page, patching in the shadowy Apocalypse where the Owl had been. But the genesis was clearly Walt and Weezie's." Walter Simonson, however, downplays his role in the character's creation, saying that Guice was responsible for creating the design, and that he, Simonson, merely modified it: "I did not co-create Apocalypse. However, I wish I had.

So, since UXM #376 revealed that Apocalypse 1st appears as a non-superpowered being in Marvel Graphic Novel #17 (Revenge of the Living Monolith), any bump there?

I would lean towards slight to none on that one.

What about X-factor #24? That book cooled down over the past year or so but looking at ebay completed sales yesterday it looks like it is already on the uptick.

So, since UXM #376 revealed that Apocalypse 1st appears as a non-superpowered being in Marvel Graphic Novel #17 (Revenge of the Living Monolith), any bump there?

I would lean towards slight to none on that one.

What about X-factor #24? That book cooled down over the past year or so but looking at ebay completed sales yesterday it looks like it is already on the uptick.

It has gone up and down a few times now. But up seems to be its overall direction.

Hit the quarter and dollar bins at my main LCS today and no luck with any #5's. Looked at a #11 to see if Apocalypse was in the issue and the 1st page was signed by Walt Simonson & Bob Wiacek. Quarter!