• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Factor 5 & 6

254 posts in this topic

So I have seen about 8 copies and I concur 95% of what I have seen has this upper and sometimes lower right corner problems. It looks like the print run didn't slice them properly and they got pulled away from each other....It's gonna be a devil to sell these...

XF6 is just a sell now flash in the pan. It's the Bat Adventure 12 of December.

BA #12 is still regularly selling for over $800 on eBay. One auction ending tomorrow is at $770 with a day and a half left in the auction.

To add to this, I just checked the census and there are 204 copies of XF #6 on there in 9.8. Comparatively, there are still only 105 copies of BA #12 in 9.8 despite the flood of copies sent in for grading the past 3 months.

where as the XF6 is just a sell now flash in the pan. It's the Bat Adventure 12 of December.

Bane would be a better analogy probably, but Apoc definitely could be a multi-movie villain, and never really dies. Of course the book isnt worth what its selling for, but it will still settle to a higher price then before, people selling now for big profit arent losing out, and this wont be your last selling op, even if there is a pull back.

both paths forward = winning. 9.9 is the real gold mine, like hitting the lottery, there will be 100s more 9.8s on the census by the time the movie drops, i would hold anything higher until right before.

Because of its incredibly rarity in any grade over VF due to the black cover, I see this as easily a $200 book in raw 9.6-9.8 over the next year. :-)

lol:applause:

where as the XF6 is just a sell now flash in the pan. It's the Bat Adventure 12 of December.

Bane would be a better analogy probably, but Apoc definitely could be a multi-movie villain, and never really dies. Of course the book isnt worth what its selling for, but it will still settle to a higher price then before, people selling now for big profit arent losing out, and this wont be your last selling op, even if there is a pull back.

both paths forward = winning. 9.9 is the real gold mine, like hitting the lottery, there will be 100s more 9.8s on the census by the time the movie drops, i would hold anything higher until right before.

There's probably been 100 more 9.8's slabbed in the time between when you sent your post and me responding.

BA #12 is still regularly selling for over $800 on eBay. One auction ending tomorrow is at $770 with a day and a half left in the auction.

Flash in the pan, meaning meteoric rise. Not where the book will settle.

I think #24 has potential as well.

If it leaks they are doing an Angel to Archangel storyline, it could blow up.

I know slabs are kinda pricey already, but raws may be easier to score.

what about when people realize its all building to a cross studio XvA ;)

The only problem with an Archangel storyline is the fact that they mutilated the character so terribly in the 3rd movie that I'm just not sure if they can recover from it. No one wants to see the Ben Foster shirtless version ever again.

Archangel on the other had would be incredibly BA. His colorful suit is my favorite part and I doubt that will make the transfer to the movies :/

Its been on a steady uptick for months, as was Batman Adventures 12 before it skyrocketed.

True, but it just seemed like overnight, that small uptick became BOOM goes the dynamite!