• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gambit Appreciation Thread

48 posts in this topic

Sifting through the search and talking to other boardies, I haven't seen a Gambit appreciation thread. He's very underrated IMHO. After seeing Marc make the purchase of that Gambit #13 cover, then looking at my own OA of Gambit, and my Uncanny 266, I thought I'd start one for Gambit.

I love his powers and that he channels it through playing cards, I'm a gambling man sometimes and was always drawn to him. And his relations with Rogue which is another one of my favs.

I personally choose Gambit over DeadPool, sorry.

So let's see all the Gambit fans pull out there books, OA, commissions, etc.

Here's a little commission I have, later when I get home I'll post my 266.

:headbang:

GAMBIT_zpsf06bc556.jpg

Gambit was the mess in the early 90's. He looked like he was going to be the next Wolverine in terms of popularity but by the end of the decade had fallen off.

At one time I had owned the Marvel Masterpieces Series 2 painting as well but sold that as well but sold that about 4 years ago. Although I owned the card the painting was small and I just didn't love it. For me there were only 2 paintings I really liked .Bob Larkin's from the 1995 X-Men Ultra Set and Jusko's from the 1992 Marvel Masterpieces set. I was fortunate enough to land the Jusko Gambit a shot time ago and reunite him with the Kingpin and Electro from that set. The 1992 MAavel Masterpieces set doesn't get much more early 1990's classic than that.

gambitjusko_zpsf51f2691.jpg

Gambit was the mess in the early 90's. He looked like he was going to be the next Wolverine in terms of popularity but by the end of the decade had fallen off.

At one time I had owned the Marvel Masterpieces Series 2 painting as well but sold that as well but sold that about 4 years ago. Although I owned the card the painting was small and I just didn't love it. For me there were only 2 paintings I really liked .Bob Larkin's from the 1995 X-Men Ultra Set and Jusko's from the 1992 Marvel Masterpieces set. I was fortunate enough to land the Jusko Gambit a shot time ago and reunite him with the Kingpin and Electro from that set. The 1992 MAavel Masterpieces set doesn't get much more early 1990's classic than that.

gambitjusko_zpsf51f2691.jpg

Wow, I'd give toes to be able to draw like that. The extent of my ability is about as good as your avatar drawing. Maybe.

hi all. so I'm pretty new to comic collecting, only been at it for a couple months after getting out of a long and abusive relationship with sports cards, lol. and I am brand new to the CGC forums but hoping to be a contributing member of the community :)

kind of fitting I think that my very first post on these forums should be to show off my very first comic book purchase after starting this new endeavor. probably my favorite of all the X-Men characters so as far as what to get to start off this one wasn't a hard choice! he's not quite up there with my all time fav character in comics but he's close enough :)

so here's my contribution to this thread!

012_zps9ad47eae.jpg