• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gambit Appreciation Thread

48 posts in this topic

hi all. so I'm pretty new to comic collecting, only been at it for a couple months after getting out of a long and abusive relationship with sports cards, lol. and I am brand new to the CGC forums but hoping to be a contributing member of the community :)

kind of fitting I think that my very first post on these forums should be to show off my very first comic book purchase after starting this new endeavor. probably my favorite of all the X-Men characters so as far as what to get to start off this one wasn't a hard choice! he's not quite up there with my all time fav character in comics but he's close enough :)

so here's my contribution to this thread!

012_zps9ad47eae.jpg

Fabulous First Post!!!! WTTB!!! Great BOOK!!

hi all. so I'm pretty new to comic collecting, only been at it for a couple months after getting out of a long and abusive relationship with sports cards, lol. and I am brand new to the CGC forums but hoping to be a contributing member of the community :)

kind of fitting I think that my very first post on these forums should be to show off my very first comic book purchase after starting this new endeavor. probably my favorite of all the X-Men characters so as far as what to get to start off this one wasn't a hard choice! he's not quite up there with my all time fav character in comics but he's close enough :)

012_zps9ad47eae.jpg

Now THIS should be circulated around the forums, so that some of the new dimwits see how to enter a community correctly. Sweet book, and welcome to the boards, and I'm sorry your relationship with sport cards ended bad, like mine. We had a bitter divorce.

012_zps9ad47eae.jpg

Now THIS should be circulated around the forums, so that some of the new dimwits see how to enter a community correctly. Sweet book, and welcome to the boards, and I'm sorry your relationship with sport cards ended bad, like mine. We had a bitter divorce.

My relationship with sports cards was less of a divorce and more of a cold turkey 28 day program. :eek:

Nearly 8 years, wax box cracking-free!!

I got out at a decent time. After I sold my PSA 10 '85 McGwire and '86 Fleer basketball sets, I moved on to magic and pokemon cards. The whole insert gimmick just killed it. It was tough to stop tearing open packs, so every once in a while I'd buy a box or case of cheap wax, and look for 10's for peoples registry sets.

I loved Gambit growing up with comics, but he hasn't been written well for a long time.

My opinion, anyway...

When he was shrouded in mystery, he was a great character.

Also, the abandoned storyline with Bishop, and Gambit, old and a person with power in his future timeline, was so badass to me.

Used to love the Wolverine and Gambit interactions too.

Very solid character, that hopefully rebounds one day.

I just saw everything above... doh!

First off - WTTB Punisher_64! :hi:

And my divorce from sports cards is still ongoing. I'm trying to sell a bunch of baseball cards on ebay to pay for more books! :cloud9: And people think predicting comics is tough - let me tell you about my vast collection of Rick Porcello cards. :facepalm:

Lauren Shuler Donner Confirms That Channing Tatum Will Play GAMBIT

When Channing Tatum first expressed interest in playing Gambit, it wasn't really regarded as much more than an actor simply mentioning a character they would like to play and that being the end of it. Well, when X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner got wind of those remarks, she too said that he would be a good choice to play the character, and based on the interview below, it sounds like the deal is done!

hm

I have a few 266s but who hasnt, I will try these instead to liven up the thread :grin:

Just got this from a great boardie

MarvelAuthentixGambit1.jpg

It goes well with my other sketch copy

MARVELAUTHENTIXGAMBIT1Glod.jpg

Back cover

MARVELAUTHENTIXGAMBIT1BC.jpg

Since there is a steady discussion about Gambit's real 1st appearance that seems to have new details to help in a final answer (maybe), and since people are concerned it is in a thread not meant to focus on the topic, how about here?