• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just found out the new Ghost Rider drives a car.

110 posts in this topic

I thought I had made some ground with the Cap comment. It's the ICON of the motorcycle that makes Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider. Not just Johnny Blaze. Not just Danny Ketch. --> Ghost Rider rides a motorcycle. I know the next response will be the "original" Ghost Rider road a horse. But it's somewhat of a completely different character right? And he was eventually changed to Night Rider and subsequently to Phantom Rider (wikipedia). When people think of "Ghost Rider".... what do they picture?

Ghost Rider rides a flaming motorcycle. It's not just Blaze or Ketch. I don't know how to argue it any further. Growing up with Ghost Rider (Ketch version) was one of my favorite characters --> he rode a flaming motorcycle. So didn't Johnny Blaze. So shouldn't the NEXT Ghost Rider!! (shrug)

Easiest way to solve this --> just my 2c

"Michael Knightt" started out in a car, and his name "Knightt Rider," for that fact, didn't make sense.

GR started out RIDING a horse, then RIDING a motorcycle.

If you aren't going to have him RIDING something like he always has, call him something else - "The Spirit Of Vengeance" can certainly drive a car, as could "Zarathos."

Oi vey...

I'm amazed that it's considered that important. Whether he rides a horse, bike, car or skate board, Ghost Rider sounds better than Ghost Driver. How many comic character names are there that could be picked apart if anyone felt like it?

Probably more than you think.

:shrug:

-slym

That was kinda my point. (thumbs u

Along with having to wear a helmet, he'll also always have to buckle up, you know, for safety. :screwy:

Can't have any negative stereotypes, because "the children! The children!"

:facepalm:

-slym

helen-lovejoy.jpg

Yes

ghostrider6.jpg

Yes

tumblr_m5rynzpH4u1r7tht0o1_500.jpg

Not so much

165123_ghost.rider.all.new.jpg

The first two were by Clayton Crain, I believe. He could make Ghost Rider look cool riding a Peppa Pig tricycle.

"Michael Knightt" started out in a car, and his name "Knightt Rider," for that fact, didn't make sense.

GR started out RIDING a horse, then RIDING a motorcycle.

If you aren't going to have him RIDING something like he always has, call him something else - "The Spirit Of Vengeance" can certainly drive a car, as could "Zarathos."

Oi vey...

-slym

I'm amazed that it's considered that important. Whether he rides a horse, bike, car or skate board, Ghost Rider sounds better than Ghost Driver. How many comic character names are there that could be picked apart if anyone felt like it?

One is visually threatening and intimidating. The other makes you want to call the fire department for that poor guy whose car caught on fire.

DG

Yes

ghostrider6.jpg

Yes

tumblr_m5rynzpH4u1r7tht0o1_500.jpg

Not so much

165123_ghost.rider.all.new.jpg

The first two were by Clayton Crain, I believe. He could make Ghost Rider look cool riding a Peppa Pig tricycle.

I'm thinking we need to test that theory, the next sketch OP Crain has, I'll get him to draw Ghostrider on this bad boy

$(KGrHqYOKo8FGsqeq!4lBRzhwvzlR!~~60_35.JPG

lol