• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why won't sellers ship to Canada?

6 posts in this topic

Hey!

I'm in Canada and I'm wondering why many sellers here and elsewhere refuse to ship to Canada? I often hear that shipping international (Canada included) is expensive... that's true... but since the buyer is willing to pay for that shipping cost, what difference does it make for the seller? Why refuse business? rantrant

Hey!

I'm in Canada and I'm wondering why many sellers here and elsewhere refuse to ship to Canada? I often hear that shipping international (Canada included) is expensive... that's true... but since the buyer is willing to pay for that shipping cost, what difference does it make for the seller? Why refuse business? rantrant

It depends.

I ship non-Ebay stuff to Canada,but not Ebay stuff.

Why?

Not worth the risk for a low DSR for longer shipping times to Canada.

It`s a hassle if you sell on EBay, and could cost you your Ebay account if you get many low DSR`s because of shipping to Canada or other countries.

That`s the main reason.

Then you got tracking issues, It`s harder to track something sent to another country

I hope that explains it.

Some of my ancestors are from Canada.Nova Scotia and Montreal.

:cloud9: