• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[SOLD] Gobbledygook #1 and #2 - Eastman Authenticated Pair - Only Known Misprint

49 posts in this topic

20131209_181118.jpg

Hi there!

You're looking at an Eastman authenticated set of Gobbledygook #1 and #2 first printings. These books were from Kevin's personal collection.

Both books come with a certificate of authenticity generated and signed by Kevin Eastman.

This copy of Gobbledygook #1 is the only known misprinting, in that there are some pages in the book that are printed twice (See images)! When I received these from Kevin, he wasn't even aware of the printing error and was as shocked as I was that there were duplicate pages.

Those of you who are interested in this book probably know me and know that I have handled and authenticated a great number of these books, and I have NEVER seen another misprint.

Both books are also signed by Kevin and are in fantastic shape.

Seriously you guys -- If you've been thinking of investing in these books, this is the set to own.

Asking $10,000 for the set, shipped. Money Order preferred unless you want to cover the paypal fees. ABSOLUTELY NO FLIPPERS. If you don't want to love these books for yourself or a loved one, then I will not sell them to you for any price. The first :takeit: takes them home. If you do decide to make them yours, please also send me an email at ittstephan@hotmail.com so I get you your books in a timely manner. If you do not feel comfortable making this sale public, you may also send me your :takeit: in private.

Detailed Images of the books:

Issue 1:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JNCOPosterboy/library/The%20Collection/Comics/GobbledyGook%20First%20Print/Issue%201?sort=6&page=1

Issue 2:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JNCOPosterboy/library/The%20Collection/Comics/GobbledyGook%20First%20Print/Issue%202?sort=3&page=1

Edit: In the interest of full disclosure, I have discovered that the certificate for Issue two contains a typo. At the bottom of the certificate there is one instance where it incorrectly states "Gobbledygook #1" instead of #2. However, the certificate does say Gobbledygook #2 correctly at the top of the certificate.

Edit: I do want to say that I am doing my best to make sure these get into the hands of someone who will love them. So no auction houses, no ebay. If that means i have to consider payment plans, I am ok with that. So if you want to come talk to me about putting these on "lay away", please do.

How exactly can you determine if the buyer is a "flipper"??

I obviously am not the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed police. But I would hope that, having stated that, resellers would have the courtesy of not approaching me. Besides, these books would be pretty easy to track as they changed hands, especially the #1

I do want to say that I am doing my best to make sure these get into the hands of someone who will love them. So no auction houses, no ebay. If that means i have to consider payment plans, I am ok with that. So if you want to come talk to me about putting these on "lay away", please do.

lol I was about 10% serious, and I do get great rates through my Credit Union as well. Just can't justify a 10k loan right now for books, as tempting as they may be. Definitely in need of a new car first, haha. Who knows, I might wake up tomorrow thinking, "Well, I could just ride a bike everywhere..."