• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers/JLA #1, CGC 10.0

8 posts in this topic

I would like one myself but I am not willing to pay crazy money for one. Why are issues 2 to 4 in CGC 9.9 and CGC 10.0 so much more common?

Because everyone protects their comics nowadays!

And ares apperently cant spell

I would like one myself but I am not willing to pay crazy money for one. Why are issues 2 to 4 in CGC 9.9 and CGC 10.0 so much more common?

Becuas eeveryoen protects their comics nowadays!

Mostly because of the format the book was published in. It was a square-bound book without staples, with a thicker stock cover. Much more durable to wear than a regular comic book is.

With the type of cover and paper the book was made out of I imagine there are 10s if not 100s or even 1000s of potential CGC 10.0 copies of that book out there. I would not spend more than cover price for the comic. It has no chance of increasing in value over the next 50 years or so IMHO.

Good points on the material these books are printed on but I think as time goes by the chance of 10's coming out of the woodwork become less and less, especially issue #1 for some reason? Maybe they ironed out the printing problems after issue #1? Having said that I will probably wait another year and see how the census moves but so far it hasn't in over a year.

Seems to me like they were pretty common around the time that book came out. There must be someone around here with a 10 they would be willing to sell. Darth?

I'll get out my copies and send it for slabbing... but i don't have any right now...Lighthouse got these mass slabbed I think..