• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scientific explanations of why reserve auctions don't work

243 posts in this topic

Was there ever a scientific explanation of why reserve auctions don't work that I overlooked in the 200 replies?

I can give you a scientific reason as to how the aurora borealis works...

http://www.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/atmospheric/question471.htm

For a guy who 'wants attention' I sure have a lot of people on ignore lol!

Yes.

And then you let everyone else know that you have these people on ignore because

you need the attention.

Oh, and responding to the post of someone you have on 'ignore' by letting them know

they are on 'ignore' is not how you ignore someone.

I'll show you how it's done ;)

Another tinynascarfan thread. shifter.gif

Does anyone know if it is actually against the rules to get banned and then later come back as someone else? The question seems silly to ask - but then when I look at the terms of use for the boards I don't actually see anything specific to that.

Perhaps the answer is so obvious it didn't occur to them to state it? If you are banned - it's the person that is banned, not the ID. Right?

However, I did see this in the rules as something not allowed:

Harrasment of another member through unwanted and repeated arguing and conflict - particularly when exemplified by "following" that person from thread to thread

Just sayin.... :gossip:

It's definitely against the rules and I welcome a scrutiny of my IP address or proxy check. I do get followed/harassed a lot but it doesn't seem to be really a major offense.

Well, I would think it's against the rules - but like I said not stated - at least not in my checking.

I'm fairly savvy with a computer, but it would not be hard to for even a novice to figure out hot to get around an IP/proxy check. Use your smart phone. Hop on board you neighbor's internet or go to McDonalds. Run through a proxy server - or two if really paranoid.

Like I said it's impossible to prove a negative-all I can say is, I am a new member, have no smartphone nor the inclination to go thru so much trouble-there are plenty of forums out there-I don't need any particular one. But if someone loses a fight and consoles themselves that their opponent must have been on steroids or that there was a second shooter, that's out of my hands....

Who doesn't have a smartphone? Sheesh doh!

Who doesn't have a smartphone? Sheesh doh!

:hi: actually, several on here.

:hi:

:hi:

I was just kidding.

:taptaptap:

Although I do have one of the smarter dumb phones around (touchscreen, internet access, email).

I'm thinking of moving up, though, to one of the dumber smartphones around...

Does anyone know if it is actually against the rules to get banned and then later come back as someone else? The question seems silly to ask - but then when I look at the terms of use for the boards I don't actually see anything specific to that.

Perhaps the answer is so obvious it didn't occur to them to state it? If you are banned - it's the person that is banned, not the ID. Right?

Harrasment of another member through unwanted and repeated arguing and conflict - particularly when exemplified by "following" that person from thread to thread

It's definitely against the rules and I welcome a scrutiny of my IP address or proxy check. I do get followed/harassed a lot but it doesn't seem to be really a major offense.

Well, I would think it's against the rules - but like I said not stated - at least not in my checking.

I'm fairly savvy with a computer, but it would not be hard to for even a novice to figure out hot to get around an IP/proxy check. Use your smart phone. Hop on board you neighbor's internet or go to McDonalds. Run through a proxy server - or two if really paranoid.

Like I said it's impossible to prove a negative-all I can say is, I am a new member, have no smartphone nor the inclination to go thru so much trouble-there are plenty of forums out there-I don't need any particular one. But if someone loses a fight and consoles themselves that their opponent must have been on steroids or that there was a second shooter, that's out of my hands....

Wait, does that mean JFK lost the fight???

Wait, does that mean JFK lost the fight???

This is unaware bullying at its finest.

:lol:

-slym