• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scientific explanations of why reserve auctions don't work

243 posts in this topic

ps the best way to ignore me would be to just ignore me-not keep posting 'just ignore him' and 'dont feed the troll'.

PS, in case you are still watching from the sidelines - the best way to ignore someone is to not tell them you are ignoring them. Putting up the "*** You are ignoring this person ***" isn't ignoring them.

-slym

I'm confused. Was Kav the shill or did Kav create a shill? Shouldn't he have been banned and not received a strike if the account was a shill account? Thanks!

Kav is almost certainly a shill for tinynascarfan who was banned. But I think the Mods would have a difficult time determining that after so much time has gone by. I'm guessing they saw that Kav and the other shill were sharing the same IP address and just based the strike on that evidence.

Thanks Speedy! I really love that sketch and was so happy when he did it. I had him start it on Thursday and he finished on Sunday so he took 4 days to work on it + did some work on it at home. He was cool, let me hang out with him the whole time and shoot the mess on Thursday when noone was coming over to his booth. Signed a bunch of books for me too. My favorite moment was when I asked him to personalize it and he looks at me and goes "I'll be glad to, but you know you won't be able to easily sell it on eBay."

What was the other shill?

Link

Hmm. I think some are missing the point here. That eggbert was a shill account for Kav is ridiculously obvious. - Kav WANTED it to be obvious. It was his own joke. Kav said "goodbye" at 11:47 pm on 12/14 and then 12 hours later Eggbert shows up, talking about what a great guy Kav is.

For whatever reason - I'm sure Kav thought it funny - he wanted to be recognized as a shill account. He wanted to be caught. Probably wanted the strike.