• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age Joy and Pain: a tutorial

22 posts in this topic

A lot of you guys in your early to mid thirties were pretty young during that awesome time. There is a ton of enthusiasm for the books that you guys bring, and it is infectious. I have been going through long boxes all weekend and have a way to describe for those who were too young to truly experience the joy and pain of collecting in the Copper Age.

Joy: the highlights of one particular long box.

photo_zps7920f031.jpg

And the ridiculous:

There was a handwritten note to myself reminding me of this -

That there was a copy with the Cable card in this eight pak and (choke) a copy with the Cable card AND the negative reverse Cap head!!!

photo_zps810a6eb7.jpg

I may have 3 or 4 copies of X-Force 1, but only from collections I've bought.

When it came out, I refused to buy a copy of that book off the stands. lol

I want to see if anyone admits hoarding the negative Cap faces. The other funny thing, is that of 8 copies, I only had one with a Deadpool card. lol

hm

I've got 100 copies of the negative Cap. :headbang:

lol

That is awesome.

I want to see if anyone admits hoarding the negative Cap faces. The other funny thing, is that of 8 copies, I only had one with a Deadpool card. lol

hm

I've got 100 copies of the negative Cap. :headbang:

lol

That is awesome.

Truthfully, it's not like I'm hoarding them, I just can't find anyone to buy them.

I ordered them from Greg Buls back in the day. When he sent them out he mentioned it may take awhile for these things to take off, but at least they they were the negative cap version.

I didn't think he meant it would take 25+ years. Ah well, it's probably not the most embarrassing book i've got a hoard of.

is there a reason that CGC wont slab those XF#1's as is? (in the bag)

Kind of hard to open the book and verify that there are no minor or major defects inside if it's still in the bag. Missing pages, ripped pages, double-printed pages, or other printing type errors could occur, and without opening the book, CGC would be fools to give a certified grade without verifying that there are no issues inside a bagged book.

is there a reason that CGC wont slab those XF#1's as is? (in the bag)

The same reason when you buy a book as a NM and are disappointed when you open the bag to see that the seller didn't bother to take it out of the bag to grade it because it's obviously not "NM."