• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS Package transit within the US – is this normal?

9 posts in this topic

I have just checked the tracking information for a package which has been sent directly to me in Italy by an eBay seller which is in Wyoming, and I see that after three days the package was in Hollywood, CA.

Does this make sense? It seems it traveled the opposite way, or is it expected that packages do not take linear routes to travel overseas?

I have also sent a PM to the seller but I was curious to hear if US citizens knew more about this, as the package should arrive here in a few days, but tracking apparently stops at the Los Angeles location.

Many thanks to everyone in advance for the help! (thumbs u

Hi Claudio :)

A hub is like a main shipping location that all of the mail from other post offices in a region go to before being sent out to final destination. Hopefully Hollywood is one of those locations before it gets sent on an international flight to Italy or something.