• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Goals! Onward and upward

106 posts in this topic

Slow down my buying and be more selective. This year (first year back after 16 year break) was a little crazy on the wallet.

I'd also love to get my first piece of OA. :wishluck:

A piece of DD Wally wood art maybe?

So with 2013 finally dwindling down and just roughly two weeks to go until the new year is upon us, everyone list your collecting resolution. Will you be finally attaining that one book that has evaded you all these years? Will you be downsizing that massive pile of junk donkey books in the basement? Stay tuned and see what others plan on doing!

I'm going to try and stand pat by not buying anything over a 100$ until I get cap 76

Slow down my buying and be more selective. This year (first year back after 16 year break) was a little crazy on the wallet.

I'd also love to get my first piece of OA. :wishluck:

A piece of DD Wally wood art maybe?

lol I wish! :P I'm thinking it would have to be something Modern. A piece of DD Wood OA would HAVE to be mucho mucho dinero!

Goals:

1. Sell 90's stuff and clean out some extra boxes.

(Sell most of my Valiant books)

2. Buy a nice OA piece.

3. Get 5 Actions between 2-25

4. Get 5 Detectives between 28 and 50

5. Get a copy of BB 28

6. Fill in X-Men holes from 95-145. Finish raw run in 9.4 and up.

Buy more Wolverine & X-Men CGC SS books :grin:

But my main goal is to get Uncanny X-Men #133 CGC 9.8 SS (I love the cover :grin: :grin: )

You've moved on to X-men s/s books too?!?
Yep,mainly the Bronze to Modern age (Can't afford HG Silver age just yet)
:applause: neat

Probably up until about 12 hours ago I would have said sell 90% of my collection to help fund plan B, but that is no longer required :cloud9:

I am going to keep my goals pretty simple

1. Buy a nice unrestored Batman 3

2. Buy one key piece of original art. Ideally an item on my want list in my signature line.

My goals for this year:

1. Complete my run of Jughead vol. 2, and fill in the gaps in my run of Jughead vol. 1 #178-352. I need 99 issues to do this, only one of which is worth more than a couple bucks. But finding them all isn't necessarily all that easy. This will give me a 42 year run of Jughead, from 1970-2012.

2. Do a lot of reading. Last year I finished amassing a set of all the Superman Family titles from the end of the Mort Weisinger era in September/October of 1970 through the end of Crisis in 1986. I'm reading them month by month to try and replicate what the experience would have been like if I had been buying them as they came out. I'm only up to November of 1973, so I still have 13 years left to go. I also want to read JiM/Thor #113-209. I've read #210-up, plus #83-112 in Essential form, so I want to close the circle.

3. Focus my collection. I am running out of storage space. And some of the things I used to collect, I'm just no longer really passionate about. I need to decide whether to keep some of these runs or sell them off to make room, plus I could use the money to buy stuff I am currently excited about.

I can't use photoshop, so Jessica's hat isn't great...plus it's not showing up after I changed it :pullhair:

Looks good! (thumbs u

Whaa? It's not showing up here.

What choo talk'n 'bout Harvey Swick?