• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collections Keys vs. Sets

27 posts in this topic

At one point, my goal was to collect every single Marvel Super-Hero from 1961-1987. Then It became simply every hero book from the 12 cent thru 25 cent eras. I was getting real close, only needed less than 50 12 cent books and about 100 others when I thought it was stupid to buy book for $50-$100 just to say I had everyone of the 1100 plus in that era.

Now I'm much more selective. I buy keys, but I also buy books I believe will become keys. I don't read much modern stuff. Just started reading WD because I got the first 100 issues or so in the Compedium for $25.

Mostly just keys.... A couple runs here and there but it's definitely keys (#1s, first appearances, deaths, etc) as my main focus. Once I get all/most of the ones I need I will focus more on finishing runs.

Granted I am just starting out-my plans might change but I go for runs of my favorite and keys of everything else. Seems logical to me.

I have a ton of modern runs,and I have a complete Amazing Spider-Man run.I also have a Silver Surfer Vol. 1 1-18 run.Everything thing else from Silver-current I collect only the keys. :cloud9: