• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When is the best time to send my books in?

29 posts in this topic

Steve Borock, CGC President and Primary Grader comments, “Since we last did this guarantee, collectors have been asking for it again. Now that we have finished our move into our state-of-the-art offices, there’s no reason we can’t offer a guarantee again. I truly believe that if a submission is late, submitters should get something back.”

Steve was and still is the consummate PR guy.

+1 that. And also very approachable. It was not hard to get him on the phone if you had questions. And I had a fair number of questions early on. He took the time to explain a few things to me and I still appreciate him and his help to this day.

Steve Borock, CGC President and Primary Grader comments, “Since we last did this guarantee, collectors have been asking for it again. Now that we have finished our move into our state-of-the-art offices, there’s no reason we can’t offer a guarantee again. I truly believe that if a submission is late, submitters should get something back.”

+1 that. And also very approachable. It was not hard to get him on the phone if you had questions. And I had a fair number of questions early on. He took the time to explain a few things to me and I still appreciate him and his help to this day.

I'd say that all the current employees are easily approachable even today. Steve was just more proactive with his communication on the boards.

I'd say that all the current employees are easily approachable even today. Steve was just more proactive with his communication on the boards.

I will say that every time I call to check up on a book that has greatly exceeded the estimated TaT, the staff is incredibly nice. (thumbs u

And from October, 2006

Guaranteed Turnaround Time on CGC Submissions

Posted: 10/12/2006

Effective October 15, 2006, CGC will guarantee turnaround times on all regular grading tier submissions including magazine submissions until January 31, 2007. All submissions are automatically eligible for this guarantee, and submitters do not need to make special note on their submission invoice.

CGC has worked to improve efficiency in the certification process while adding new graders to its team. For the past year, virtually every submission has been on schedule, and CGC will offer guaranteed turnaround times on submissions during this promotional period.

Remember when the increased rates were meant to drive down TATs?

Remember when the charge for graders' notes was meant to drive down TATs?

Remember when changing the years for modern tier and the increased rates were meant to drive down TATs?

Fond memories.

I don't think any of those changes were meant to drive down TAT. I am certain they were meant to drive up gross revenue. Perhaps we can hope that they have a long term plan of using the increase revenues to hire staff where ever it is needed to speed up TAT. But they made changes that enhanced revenue because they could - not to get more collectors to leave their books in bags & boards.

I will say that every time I call to check up on a book that has greatly exceeded the estimated TaT, the staff is incredibly nice. (thumbs u

Just to be clear, I didn't say that the current staff isn't polite and professional. They are. However - when I call now I'm not ever speaking to the President/Primary grader. That is what I was referencing.

Just to be clear, I didn't say that the current staff isn't polite and professional. They are. However - when I call now I'm not ever speaking to the President/Primary grader. That is what I was referencing.

Just be clear, I was making a backhanded compliment about how nice the phone-answering customer service team is AND how grossly they miss TaTs with no concern or fear of a single lost shilling.

And from October, 2006

Effective October 15, 2006, CGC will guarantee turnaround times on all regular grading tier submissions including magazine submissions until January 31, 2007. All submissions are automatically eligible for this guarantee, and submitters do not need to make special note on their submission invoice.

CGC has worked to improve efficiency in the certification process while adding new graders to its team. For the past year, virtually every submission has been on schedule, and CGC will offer guaranteed turnaround times on submissions during this promotional period.

Remember when changing the years for modern tier and the increased rates were meant to drive down TATs?

Fond memories.

I don't think any of those changes were meant to drive down TAT. I am certain they were meant to drive up gross revenue. Perhaps we can hope that they have a long term plan of using the increase revenues to hire staff where ever it is needed to speed up TAT. But they made changes that enhanced revenue because they could - not to get more collectors to leave their books in bags & boards.

And I was sarcastically implying that they were meant to. But that was the rallying cry of folks lining up to stand behind CGC's decision on each of these things.

"Maybe it's meant to decrease TATs? And it's not just a money grab?"

This was especially true of the decision on graders' notes. Everyone bemoaned the amount of time spent on the phone by (non-grading, non-encapsulating) customer service persons. Clearly, it was not that the CGC was trying to increase revenues. They were doing it for us, the collectors, to drive down TATs!!

And from October, 2006

Fond memories.

And I was sarcastically implying that they were meant to. But that was the rallying cry of folks lining up to stand behind CGC's decision on each of these things.

"Maybe it's meant to decrease TATs? And it's not just a money grab?"

This was especially true of the decision on graders' notes. Everyone bemoaned the amount of time spent on the phone by (non-grading, non-encapsulating) customer service persons. Clearly, it was not that the CGC was trying to increase revenues. They were doing it for us, the collectors, to drive down TATs!!

Sorry I was dense and didn't recognize the sarcasm. Reading this, your intention was obvious. My bad. :sorry: