• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All American 30 (early GA Green Lantern)

3 posts in this topic

All the usual stips. :takeit: at asking price trumps PMs. paypal, money order, cash, check (if I know you).

We have here a nice looking VG/Fine All American 30. Honestly, I have seen plenty og GA books in slabs in the same shape given 6.0 - 6.5 grades. Early original Green Lantern, Doiby Dickles...lots of good stuff. 2012 OPG has it at $532. I don't own the 2013 OPG. I am looking for $400, which includes free insured PM shipping in the USA. I will ship to Canada or other places I can get delivery confirmation/insurance for at the cost of shipping/DC/insurance. Because I want to insure the book, I can't understate the value on a customs form.

I see nothing indicative of restoration on this book. If you get it and think there might be, please send it back for a full refund. It does look like part of a handwritten "P" was partially erased in the middle of the cover (which I guess was some sort of marking from the newstand?), but I don't think that qualifies as resto. This came out of the same collection of books I have sold a number of GA books from over the years that hit my LCS in the 90s from a guy who had gone on a buying spree at a comic convention in 1972 and aged the books for 25 years before selling them. My old shop owner didn't think any were restored (and he actually believed that resto killed the value of a book before most others did). Nobody I sold to has come back to me and told me the books were restored and that includes a GA Green Lantern 6 in Fine (or better) condition I sold from that group (I believe, to a boardie, but I forget). That's purely anecdotal evidence, of course. The book is what it is:

all30.jpg

all30back.jpg