• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Related Posters, Prints, Screenprints, Giclee, etc - informational thread

10 posts in this topic

I was not able to find a similar thread so I figured I would start one.

This thread is intended to be informational.

Post here If:

You know of a new poster/print coming out, post a link/details here.

You want to show off some of the comic related posters/prints that you already have in your collection.

You have a question about a specific poster print

For me, a small part of my collection has always consisted of comic related limited edition posters and prints.

Mondo just kicked off a new Marvel series a few months back with the Silver Surfer and will hopefully be putting out some more great pieces. I was lucky enough to snag one from the direct release. This is already framed on the wall in my office.

7u5zqIom.jpg

"Silver Surfer"

* Art by Kilian Ang

* 24″x36″ screen print

* Hand numbered

* Edition of 275

Mondo also recently released a series of EC Comics related posters >

YiPzjpAm.jpg

“Weird Science”

* Art by Paolo Rivera

* 17″ x 24″ Screenprint.

* Hand numbered

* Edition of 225

ZZ323IFm.jpg

“Crime Suspenstories #22"

* Art by Jason Edmiston

* 12" x 16" Giclee

* Hand numbered

* Edition of 115

Great thread! A friend of mine recently purchased a poster drawn by Ian Carr. Other than the artists name, there is no other noteworthy indicia. No dates, no X/1000 numbering, nothing. Here's a link to the eBay sale. Anybody have any info on it? How many were made, when it was made, who produced it, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Punisher-Conan-Doc-Savage-Daredevil-Vintage-Massive-Poster-/301020943507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46163f1493&nma=true&si=UN%252Fq73fUQh44IKM7gwX0P%252FhXdKk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Why are Giclee's so expensive?

In most cases, a giclee is a higher quality method of reproducing art than screen printing. It also has more color accuracy.

Most artists prefer the giclee print method when using high end papers, canvas, etc. so not only is the method more expensive but the materials used are as well.

I have yet to have the opportunity to compare the same piece of art in both a giclee and screenprint form.